Upgrade to 11th gen?

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I stopped in my local dealership to look at one. They had 2 sports, they looked nice but just look like other cars on the rpad
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I stopped in my local dealership to look at one. They had 2 sports, they looked nice but just look like other cars on the rpad
Yeah there is nothing really wrong with them, just boring average cars. Seen a couple in person as well and they just kinda fade into the background, you'd not even realize it was a brand new car.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The 11th gens look like the fricken last gen Jettas man. They couldn’t have missed the mark any worse IMO. Then again maybe it was entirely their mark...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda needed a big move back in 2015 because the 9th gen was so "ehh". The 10th gen design is/was brilliant. What a step up from the 9th gen. Sure it was over the top design, but man, does it stand out compared to all the other average econoboxes.

Then for the 11th, instead of building on the 10th gen success and maybe tweaking a few things, they go full on dullsville. Sure the interior is nice but I guarantee that honeycomb mesh is a pain to detail. And don't get me started on the stuck on tablet look.

Basically, Honda said "we want to blend in".

On the other hand, look at what Hyundai did for the new gen Elantra. Love it or hate it, it's distinctive.

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-108-1597250852
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-107-1597250852
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-111-1597250882

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I was at Caffeine and Octane here in ATL on Sunday and saw someone drive by in a new sport sedan model. It did look a bit better in person than the pictures. However, my dad who was with me, turned to me and said: “that’s a Civic? It’s looks like an Accord”

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Honda needed a big move back in 2015 because the 9th gen was so "ehh". The 10th gen design is/was brilliant. What a step up from the 9th gen. Sure it was over the top design, but man, does it stand out compared to all the other average econoboxes.

Then for the 11th, instead of building on the 10th gen success and maybe tweaking a few things, they go full on dullsville. Sure the interior is nice but I guarantee that honeycomb mesh is a pain to detail. And don't get me started on the stuck on tablet look.

Basically, Honda said "we want to blend in".

On the other hand, look at what Hyundai did for the new gen Elantra. Love it or hate it, it's distinctive.

2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-108-1597250852.jpg
2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-107-1597250852.jpg
2021-hyundai-elantra-n-line-111-1597250882.jpg
Automakers take journalists too seriously. They should've just looked at their successful sales and said we know what we are doing, instead of trying to please them.

So many people said they'd buy a Type R if it had no wing, but I'm sure that only a small percentage would put their money where their mouth is, if that.

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Automakers take journalists too seriously. They should've just looked at their successful sales and said we know what we are doing, instead of trying to please them.

So many people said they'd buy a Type R if it had no wing, but I'm sure that only a small percentage would put their money where their mouth is, if that.
I think the wing is awesome. Ppl like to complain about the R’s look but I think it’s mean

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if my baby heels on me then imma just get the 10th gen hatch. Unless the 12th gen brings back the "civic'ness", 11th is the biggest skip for any 10th owner "imo".

P.S: less you're the type of person to lease cars and swap every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Perhaps that was their goal. For some reason, they have decided that 10th gen will be be "youthful looking", 11th gen will be "bland". I don't know why. Perhaps their market research gave them indications that this will maximize their profits? For example, few people will sell their 10th gen to buy 11th gen anyway, so it is better to cover a different market segment, the segment that stayed away because the 10th gen design was "too extreme" for them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps that was their goal. For some reason, they have decided that 10th gen will be be "youthful looking", 11th gen will be "bland". I don't know why. Perhaps their market research gave them indications that this will maximize their profits? For example, few people will sell their 10th gen to buy 11th gen anyway, so it is better to cover a different market segment, the segment that stayed away because the 10th gen design was "too extreme" for them.
Probably some truth there. After the over the top, sporty 10th, they had to know they'd be alienating some 10th gen owners. They likely had the bean counters make sure they'd gain more than they lost.

ybok

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I am not a Civic fan until gen 10 came along. It was love at first sight and still love how aggressive it looks. I have not even start tinkering with it.

No gen 11 for me, the reason is plain and simple. I hate the boring exterior design and 70s dashboard.
I agree that the dash looks like something from the 1970's. And it's not an improvement on it.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I've found that off-lease BMW 3-series with 15-25K miles (2 years old with low miles) will cost a lot less than a new Accord and a wee bit more than a Civic Touring. I'm the guy with the sweet Civic Touring Coupe, but the off-lease BMW I drive is a better car.

I can't see why anybody would go with the new 11th gen Civic, especially in the Touring trim, with its price and its competition (both new and off-lease/CPO)
Sponsored