Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
i'm pretty sure everything is pretty much the same...even the suspension, brakes, axles etc. i wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the parts used are the same/compatible.
Did someone took one apart on youtube or something?
it's a gen 10.5
They basically did a new body, new interior and electronics and called it a day...
Taking a page out of Apple's book. :hide:
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
i'm pretty sure everything is pretty much the same...even the suspension, brakes, axles etc. i wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the parts used are the same/compatible.
Did someone took one apart on youtube or something?
it's a gen 10.5
They basically did a new body, new interior and electronics and called it a day...
I'd love to see a side by side of the 2 chassis. How much modification would you need to switch body panels? A '22 with '20 bumpers might get a second look from me.

Jazzman0718

First Name
Fitz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
THANK YOU for your sanity, people. The 11th isn't made for civic fans. In fact, there's no reason to buy this car. They've made it irrelevant. Just go get a base Accord instead. Ridiculous. I hope you guys get a sweet CTR or SI out of this deal though. I plan to daily my 10th gen into the ground and if I'm good to her, my 4 year old will learn to drive with it in 2033!

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
No chance from me, overall the 10th Gen looks better, inside and out

11th Gen Cons
- No Coupe ( I get it, less than 5% of the 10th gens are coupes)
- Front looks like a 10th gen got stung by a bee
- The MMI has join the " oh, I forgot to the MMI, I'll duct tape it to the dash and call it good" club

11th Gen Pros
- Full Digital Cluster
- HVAC Vents are coolish
- Bose Speakers
- Should be more reliable than the 10th gens

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
well call me crazy but a 2.0t for the si would get me lookin. because the si would be at the keep or sell time.( next year)

edit. add to that can not have any more tech than my si has now.

Last edited:

PN_man

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Lunar Silver)
Country flag
I'm not interested without the 1.5T in a manual hatch, preferably with the LSD - in other words a hatchback SI.

Deleted member 51112

A big nope from me. 11th gen Civic's ALL look boring (the reason I didn't get the bigger Accord). BTW I'm a 51 year old man saying that...the Accord and now the new Civic look like cars an accountant would buy!

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
It's a big ol' No for me. It looks like a baby accord with the body styling to me. On top of it's the same powertrain. Only benefit is larger touch screen, and wireless charging. I don't even think you can use wireless android auto or carplay and still have to use a charging cable for it.

OP
OP
nick94

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
It's a big ol' No for me. It looks like a baby accord with the body styling to me. On top of it's the same powertrain. Only benefit is larger touch screen, and wireless charging. I don't even think you can use wireless android auto or carplay and still have to use a charging cable for it.
Only the Touring trim has Wireless Android Auto and carplay.

wilbur_the_goose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring, '14 BMW 328i Sport Line
Country flag
I'm driving my '16 Civic Coupe Touring that I bought new in 2016. (I'm now 61).

Went and took at look at the '22 Civic on July 4 (no creepy salesmen to bother my wife and me), and my conclusion is, "What the hell was Honda thinking?!"

The '22 is boring, looks small, and my new-car loving wife thought it was horrible. The honeycomb vent treatment looks cheap. The rear-end looks like a 20 year old Civic. Who exactly is their target demographic!

If you want a really nice car for less money, pick up an off-lease BMW Certified Pre-owned.

PS - Got home and looked at my beautiful red ceramic treated coupe, and we both smiled and agreed that the 10th Gen is so much better than the 11th.
Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 177614590_4120483181331229_5802364559693677340_n

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm driving my '16 Civic Coupe Touring that I bought new in 2016. (I'm now 61).

Went and took at look at the '22 Civic on July 4 (no creepy salesmen to bother my wife and me), and my conclusion is, "What the hell was Honda thinking?!"

The '22 is boring, looks small, and my new-car loving wife thought it was horrible. The honeycomb vent treatment looks cheap. The rear-end looks like a 20 year old Civic. Who exactly is their target demographic!

If you want a really nice car for less money, pick up an off-lease BMW Certified Pre-owned.

PS - Got home and looked at my beautiful red ceramic treated coupe, and we both smiled and agreed that the 10th Gen is so much better than the 11th.
177614590_4120483181331229_5802364559693677340_n.jpg
That BMW in the back is looking mighty nice. +1 on a used B48 or B58 equipped BMW for around 30k if they can be found.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
There's nothing special enough about the 11th Gen to upgrade from my perfectly fine 2017 Si. Plus, Honda is clearly pushing everyone into the higher versions like EX, EX-T. However, I just found out that the 11th Gen Sport Hatch has the turbo, I thought it was going to have the N.A. like the Sport sedan. I'm still going to wait 2-3 years before upgrading though.

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might test drive an Si once they come out and might be interested if thereā€™s anything *substantially* different in whatever variant of L15 it gets. I said a few years back they might have tested a ā€œfer-realā€ TD03 that made it to the spec sheets then gave us a TD025 to save it for gen 11 and 20 more hp while being still efficient. I havenā€™t really been following gen 11 as, unlike my gen 9, my gen 10 doesnā€™t bore me to tears driving it. The gen 10 is paid off this year as I recall. I canā€™t think of a compelling reason to take a car thatā€™s just getting broke in to change out for a light refresh. Itā€™d take something substantial to get me out of my ā€˜18 Si. Electric assist for huge low end torque gainsā€¦ very revised powertrainā€¦ massively improved interior. I doubt weā€™re getting any of it and my reflashed Si with its added sound deadening, tint and hacked head unit is substantially better than it was when I bought it new, aside for a scratch here and there. I think a ā€˜22 would be risking a downgrade to have to work back up to what Iā€™ve made the ā€˜18.
Sponsored