nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you plan to upgrade to the 11th gen Civic?

If yes, why?

If no, why not? What would you like to see in a future model to make you want to upgrade?

Myself, I don't see any good reason to upgrade. The only great thing is the new 9 inch head unit in the 2022 Touring. I wish I could upgrade the head unit of my 2018 Civic, but this alone is not a good reason to buy a new car. After all, the underlying functionality (Android maps for me) is basically the same.

I would want to upgrade if there was a new Honda Sensing system that got some self-driving capabilities, at least on the freeway. But as far as I can understand from the reviews, the 2022 Honda Sensing is basically the same.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
No!

As much as I hate driving a four door, the tenth gen does a good job of being aggressive at it. Something the eleventh gen has backed away from.

Also I miss a good strong launch. Something I'll be looking for in my next car.

Right now I've got my eye on the new Santa Cruz, but I have no reason to replace my Si anytime in the foreseeable future.

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 1624857925577

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
No!

As much as I hate driving a four door, the tenth gen does a good job of being aggressive at it. Something the eleventh gen has backed away from.

Also I miss a good strong launch. Something I'll be looking for in my next car.

Right now I've got my eye on the new Santa Cruz, but I have no reason to replace my Si anytime in the foreseeable future.

1624857925577.png
I wish they were making a 2 door Santa Cruz with a longer bed, then I'd be interested.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish they were making a 2 door Santa Cruz with a longer bed, then I'd be interested.
2022 Ford Maverick, $21.5k, 40MPG, longer bed than Santa Cruz.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2022 Ford Maverick, $21.5k, 40MPG, longer bed than Santa Cruz.

Unfortunately, they don't have full sized or long box options. I haul yards of soil and compost in my first gen Frontier. Nether of those have the bed capacity to handle that and I don't want to have to use a trailer

Also: not upgrading from the SI unless I really really like the new Type R

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I went from a 2019 SI to a 2020 Si to a 2021 R. If history keeps up I will be.

But honestly, I don't think I will, at least not right away. I'm really curious how the R and Si come out. But I doubt it will be enough to sway me. I'm not a huge fan of the styling on the 11th gen, especially the hatch and the rear end, and then the front with the huge space between the grill and hood (and don't get me started on the wavy, uneven hood gap).

Plenty of nice upgrades, but I am content with my 2021 SGP R so far!

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will not be buying the 11th gen civic because mechanically its the same as a 10th gen and i don't like the look of either of the body-styles they are offering...a front fascia made almost exclusively from matte "patio furniture style" plastics doesn't quite cut it personally...

Honda Civic 10th gen Upgrade to 11th gen? 1624884816773

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My neighbor got a new 2022 sedan. Not sure what kind of lease deal he's on as he went through at least 3 10th gens as well, seems to change them really often. Genuinely thought he got a 10th gen accord at first. I had to sit there for a second and look at it before it clicked lol.

For me personally, no point in upgrading. I'm too invested in the hatch now for anything other than the R. Aesthetics aren't for me and power almost the same. And I've always liked the STi and would wait to see what the new version looks like.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
My neighbor got a new 2022 sedan. Not sure what kind of lease deal he's on as he went through at least 3 10th gens as well, seems to change them really often. Genuinely thought he got a 10th gen accord at first. I had to sit there for a second and look at it before it clicked lol.

For me personally, no point in upgrading. I'm too invested in the hatch now for anything other than the R. Aesthetics aren't for me and power almost the same. And I've always liked the STi and would wait to see what the new version looks like.
The standard STi or the Hatchback? :hmm: