@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Hi there, I am from Indonesia and we are limited to only having the CVT option for our civic. The current performance mods on the car that I own are: mishimoto SRI, custom turboback valvetronic exhaust, AP racing BBK and an AEM chargepipe (planning to upgrade the intercooler as well). Moreover, the car has been tuned pushing 250 bhp and 320 nm of torque using Unichip. I am looking forward on improving the performance of my civic either with going WMI (water methanol injection) or upgrading the turbo. However, I am wondering on which would be the best upgrade or should I not upgrade my car anymore as it may be the limit of my transmission. Looking forward to everyones answers. Thankyou.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honestly I wouldn't have even gone as far as you have on the CVT. Assuming you have the same specs as North America, the CVT leaves the factory with ~160 lb-ft of torque being supplied to it. You're up around 220 lb-ft now? I think turbo upgrades or meth injection could be the final nail in the coffin. I'm pretty cautious with this stuff though...

OP
OP
monocivic

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Honestly I wouldn't have even gone as far as you have on the CVT. Assuming you have the same specs as North America, the CVT leaves the factory with ~160 lb-ft of torque being supplied to it. You're up around 220 lb-ft now? I think turbo upgrades or meth injection could be the final nail in the coffin. I'm pretty cautious with this stuff though...
If im not wrong, I believe there is a member that is pushing 250 lb ft with his/her CVT. But I have no idea how is it doing now

OP
OP
monocivic

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
I'm surprised your CVT hasn't failed yet.
Why would it fail doe? Im pretty sure its common to have this setup. Well in Asia most people push around 240 BHP and 320NM of torque (22 psi). I have also found numerous people from the US pushing similar output and they dont have a problem.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Old post! Back from the dead.

A TSP Stage 1 tune for our 'Lowly' CVTs are being beta tested now.. Keep an eye out for it.

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi there, I am from Indonesia and we are limited to only having the CVT option for our civic. The current performance mods on the car that I own are: mishimoto SRI, custom turboback valvetronic exhaust, AP racing BBK and an AEM chargepipe (planning to upgrade the intercooler as well). Moreover, the car has been tuned pushing 250 bhp and 320 nm of torque using Unichip. I am looking forward on improving the performance of my civic either with going WMI (water methanol injection) or upgrading the turbo. However, I am wondering on which would be the best upgrade or should I not upgrade my car anymore as it may be the limit of my transmission. Looking forward to everyones answers. Thankyou.
i have a 2016 civic ext. my mods are similar to yours

-Hondata Flashpro / custom tune from DRob
-PRL FMIC
-PRL CAI
-PRL CVT Cooler
-PRL Downpipe & front pipe
-27WON RMM

car is tracked regularly since i got the car. at least 1 a month where i get about 5-8 runs in. acutally just had a honda meet last sunday on the 19th and got 4 runs in.

car is still running strong and shows no sign of letting up so far. did i just jinx myself? i dunno . maybe, lol

Reactions: Myx

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Old post! Back from the dead.

Innovative Motorworks is working on a TSP Stage 1 tune for our 'Lowly' CVTs. Keep an eye out for it.
Interesting. I suggested they do this many months ago. Any idea when it might be coming out?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. I suggested they do this many months ago. Any idea when it might be coming out?
I have no idea. I don't want to speculate. Just know that people are beta testing it on their CVTs now. ;)

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought I saw somewhere that two step performance was also working on a tune for the CVT.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited: