dannyboy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
First time posting in here..
Just recently got a 2017 Type R used with 1,000 miles on it. I thought I did my research, because it already had the updated wiring harness,however, when I was getting on the gas around 5,000 RPMs shifting from second into third the CEL came on, and the Rev matching and emission issue came up. I Went straight to my local dealership they told me that they did a hard reset and they couldn’t replicate the issue after driving 25 miles. And they called Honda tech line and they had no insight, and it threw 2 codes P0087(fuel rail system) and P2099(post catalyst fuel trim)
So, again on the way home the same thing happend so I turned right around and dropped it off again..
This time I noticed it wasn’t making any positive pressure/ boost
Any insight or similar issues ?
From the service records it shows that the wiring harness update was done about a month ago
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Besides the harness, i believe there was also a known issue with the boost bypass valve?? I am not sure, but you can definitely search it on here. Also, you still have factory warranty, use it. Good luck with your new car!

OP
OP
dannyboy

dannyboy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Besides the harness, i believe there was also a known issue with the boost bypass valve?? I am not sure, but you can definitely search it on here. Also, you still have factory warranty, use it. Good luck with your new car!
The turbocharger bypass soenoid was replaced as far as I can tell on the service documents so maybe they installed it wrong ? Thinking maybe high pressure fuel pump failed ? Not really sure tho

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Check all your hoses... make sure there tight if your not building boost that’s the case a lot of times do u here an air whooshing noises when you get on it

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First time posting in here..
Just recently got a 2017 Type R used with 1,000 miles on it. I thought I did my research, because it already had the updated wiring harness,however, when I was getting on the gas around 5,000 RPMs shifting from second into third the CEL came on, and the Rev matching and emission issue came up. I Went straight to my local dealership they told me that they did a hard reset and they couldn’t replicate the issue after driving 25 miles. And they called Honda tech line and they had no insight, and it threw 2 codes P0087(fuel rail system) and P2099(post catalyst fuel trim)
So, again on the way home the same thing happend so I turned right around and dropped it off again..
This time I noticed it wasn’t making any positive pressure/ boost
Any insight or similar issues ?
From the service records it shows that the wiring harness update was done about a month ago
i see you are in Athens, United Speed Racing is located in Cumming, GA. If you continue to have problems with your dealer, you can bring it by and we will happily check it out for you. We have seen problems occur after dealers have done the harness recall.

OP
OP
dannyboy

dannyboy

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
i see you are in Athens, United Speed Racing is located in Cumming, GA. If you continue to have problems with your dealer, you can bring it by and we will happily check it out for you. We have seen problems occur after dealers have done the harness recall.
Thank you I’ll definitely keep that in mind
Got the car back today they said he was a twisted hose.. if it happens again tho I’ll be up there

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
What hose was twisted?...

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I just got the rev match emissions check engine light on my 2019 CTR. Only have 90 miles.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

vincer88

First Name
Vicente
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
my came on 6,000 miles. And its the air bypass harness.