Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
All good man and was just trying to share info with a fellow enthusiast - I'm sure you're reading everything like most do when they get a new toy lol.
Yeah man. I was reading info before, but not that I have pretty much every big bolt on. I know I NEED to tune it. So I’m trying to make the right decisions
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Logs and Tunes are digital. You'll download a tune, upload it to the car using your hondata, turn on logging on the hondata, do pulls, download logs, email those back, adjustments made, rinse/repeat.
Mhmmm. I see. Okay, thanks for the help !

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Yah dude no snail mail involved other than waiting for your Hondata or KTuner to be delivered after you order one so you can get to work. Also in case you were curious - once your tune is finalized the tuner can be left plugged in for monitoring or you can unplug it and put it up.

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yah dude no snail mail involved other than waiting for your Hondata or KTuner to be delivered after you order one so you can get to work. Also in case you were curious - once your tune is finalized the tuner can be left plugged in for monitoring or you can unplug it and put it up.
Thanks man. Everything just sounds like rocket science. I mean I have a good idea, but doing it for the first time is definitely something surreal. I appreciate all the help !

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
The nice thing about Hondata maps is it gives you probably 80-90% of your cars potential, and theyre pretty safe for you to drive on while you wait for adjustments to be made to your tune.

As soon as you receive a tune revision, all you have to do is upload it and then rinse and repeat until everything is finalized.

There are a handful of great tuners available for E-tuning, I definitely recommend kefi, drob, mike the tuner, vega, etc.

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update on the update lol. Got an appointment with syn garage in NY. Hopefully everything goes well. I’ll update the thread when everything is done! Thanks for all the help guys.

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just make sure they know how to tune a Type R. It’s nothing like other Honda’s or most cars in general.
He has an IG page. He’s done a good amount of Honda’s and Type R’s. Idk if any of the forum members have been with him

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
He has an IG page. He’s done a good amount of Honda’s and Type R’s. Idk if any of the forum members have been with him
With the Type R and a dyno tune - it's easy - if the guy hops in and can't easily and quickly do the complicated pedal dance to get it ready for the dyno - run!

lol

Good luck man! Post up impressions post dyno tune...

OP
OP
Rfabianfk82020

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Trust me, with everything new to me. I’m documenting everything. I’ll give a full layout tomorrow. My appt is 1pm. Good half hour away. So I’ll have a good drive home to test everything out.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Got my turbo inlet pipe and downpipe installed!! PRL gang.

very happy with how they came out. Def notice the turbo spooling faster and the overall car breathing more freely. Planning to get it tuned this week or early next week through hondata flashpro.

anyone in the NJ/PA/NY area that are proficient at tuning these Type R’s? I’ve had a couple recommendations, but want to see my options. Leaving towards drob/evans tuning in PA.
John Vega from Phearable?
With the modifications you have, the Phearable stage 2 tune would be an ideal solution for you.
Simply upload and go. Details can be found on https://www.phearable.net/blog/phearablestage2ctr.html

We also offer custom etuning services, but with your simple modifications the gains between a custom tune and our stage 2 tune will be limited.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

Ak4ek

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 TYPE R
Country flag
Thanks for the positive feedback!
Man thanks for a great tune my car feels and drives amazing with it and i got a revised for my add ons im going to be installing soon as well Cant wait to flash that in

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
With the modifications you have, the Phearable stage 2 tune would be an ideal solution for you.
Simply upload and go. Details can be found on https://www.phearable.net/blog/phearablestage2ctr.html

We also offer custom etuning services, but with your simple modifications the gains between a custom tune and our stage 2 tune will be limited.
So once I get a downpipe I won’t really need a custom tune if I already have phearable 1.5R?
Sponsored