[Update] Will the new 2020 Type R have yellow color?

YellowTypeR

First Name
YellowTypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 civic
Country flag
I really need the yellow one. It has always been a dream to have a yellow civic hatch.

I need a confirmation. Or way to order it I would go up to 44k is my max.

** update **
Unfortunately there is no Yellow color option not even Si. According to a dealership I contacted. (USA)
Sponsored

Last edited:

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Get one for retail and have it painted, it'll be cheaper.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
You will waiting a while for confirmation. If there is one for the 2020 model, the US may not even get that color.

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
My guess is yes.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Put your name on a list at your local dealer with an agreement to purchase at MSRP with no add ons if they will let you. Then, if it is announced you’ll have your spot saved in line.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
We should all know pretty soon when Honda announces the 2020 coming. October maybe?
Based on recent rumors & video I’m guessing new variants; more sensing tech and yes, a yellow hardcore version... and another price bump...lol.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Put your name on a list at your local dealer with an agreement to purchase at MSRP with no add ons if they will let you. Then, if it is announced you’ll have your spot saved in line.
Most would require a non-refundable deposit to do this 500-1000 dollars. When you go pay for the car, it is used as credit towards the car purchase (down payment essentially). If you don't buy the car, they keep it.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Most would require a non-refundable deposit to do this 500-1000 dollars. When you go pay for the car, it is used as credit towards the car purchase (down payment essentially). If you don't buy the car, they keep it.
They probably gonna twist that deal into "oH tHiS iS an eXCluSiVE coLoR, yOuR depoSiT iS plUS MSRP"

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
In most states non refundable deposits are illegal. My local BMW dealer is stuck with an Urban Green (Army) M5 with a Silverstone Grey interior. Each color is great on its own, but together they are horrible. Customer custom ordered it and then backed out once they saw it with no repercussions.

driv300mph

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey CTR (#22412 of ???), 2011 Lotus Exige S260 (#19 of 30)
Country flag
In most states non refundable deposits are illegal. My local BMW dealer is stuck with an Urban Green (Army) M5 with a Silverstone Grey interior. Each color is great on its own, but together they are horrible. Customer custom ordered it and then backed out once they saw it with no repercussions.
Is there a listing online for this one? Curious how bad it looks haha

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
something yall forget is they are closing the plant in 2021. new models if like last year come out late November for the type R. so that means the 2020 is not even gonna be released until just before they start shutting down the plant. once the start production over here they have already said nothing on the type R and will be focusing on getting the regular civic line going first. I talked with Honda pro Jason at an event and he (unoffically) sort of agreed with me and said he would not be surprised if there was no 2021 model because of the move. all that being said , they are shutting down the plant in Swindon, it makes zero sense they would make any production changes to a line for a plant that is being shut down that is just a waste of money. I can promise we wont see anything majorly different on the R till 2022 when production picks back up if it does at all. I mean if you are gonna shut your production down are you gonna invest millions to retool a line for one run before a move? nope and neither is Honda. Hondas skiped model years before and also just quit making specialty cars also. Integra R anyone.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Considering how much he spent to properly paint his MY2017 Phoenix Yellow, this thread title could be renamed to “Will Honda Pro Jason freak out?”

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
That's open to interpretation. There is no interior color that is going to make that green not look horrible IMO. That's a color for the type of person that thinks camo clothing is fashionable.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Considering how much he spent to properly paint his MY2017 Phoenix Yellow, this thread title could be renamed to “Will Honda Pro Jason freak out?”
I love how he goes around saying its the first painted PY Type R in the world where I have seen others wrap it before him so he has to add 'painted'

Pretty sure Honda were going to release PY sooner or later, and he took credit saying it was because of him LOL!
Sponsored