James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Good answer. I do live in a colder climate and had to drain some oil a couple times from rising levels. I'm having a hard time keeping the front seal from seeping excessively. Had it changed once and didn't see any improvement. Regardless, once you get to know your vehicle and do your own oil changes, you can just dump in the desired amount without worrying if its 1mm over or under.
The front crankshaft seal weeps?
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Yes, not enough to lose a high volume of oil during oil change interval but enough to make it pretty messy under there.
You got a problem get it sorted visiting honda dealership under warranty

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Already did. No difference. Probably not going back.
You are entitled to a repair until it is fixed. Take it another Honda dealership and tell them it was not done right. The tech should check to see if it is leaking around the crank snout or the block. I use a heavier oil. Most people recommend a good 5w30 but I plan on a 0w30 unless I can't afford it. Many 0w20's are really thin and contribute to more fuel dilution. Then more dilution causes more leaks because viscosity drops to 0w15 or worse

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
You are entitled to a repair until it is fixed. Take it another Honda dealership and tell them it was not done right. The tech should check to see if it is leaking around the crank snout or the block. I use a heavier oil. Most people recommend a good 5w30 but I plan on a 0w30 unless I can't afford it. Many 0w20's are really thin and contribute to more fuel dilution. Then more dilution causes more leaks because viscosity drops to 0w15 or worse
If I lived in Texas, I'd be using a heavier oil as well. Around here it gets to the mid 80s a few times a year and -30s C in the winter. Regardless of the oil used, it shouldn't be seeping as bad as it is.
My previous 14 Accord had the same problem and that was also fixed under warranty. I'm going to try using a heavier 20wt and see how it goes. If I plan on keeping this car past the 5 year mark, I'll bring it back to the dealer for warranty although I can see an SUV in my not so immediate future.
Sponsored