UPDATE: Touchscreen Continually Goes "Back"- No fix added video

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
my radio is set to low on sensitivity and it sill does it randomly some time i hit a bump or something and it does it as well :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it may not be selective at all, but the fact that it's getting multiple inputs from different areas of the screen, this happens alot with touchscreens, it's called ghost touching. there is a whole forum dedicated to this issue on Apple. I'm not saying you for sure have this problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just go outside, clean your screen, lower the sensitivity and see if it still happens?
It doesnt appear to be different areas of the screen, its only the back button because it doesnt move around to different apps, it just goes back. I have cleaned the screen as its happening and that didnt help. Ive had the car since October and it just started happening in the last few weeks. I turned the dang beep off but that doesnt fix the fact the side view camera is useless when this is happening.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
yep samehere :(

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
UPDATE: I haven't followed all of this thread, but had the same thing happening to my car since day one. It is a screen malfunction issue. I had multiple video's of mine doing various weird things and my tech at my dealership opened a trouble ticket and sent in the videos. According to him this was the first documented case they had videos sent in for. They authorized an entire head unit replacement, which took about a week to order because Honda has to ok it due to the cost, I set up an appointment, and was in and out in a hour. Every since the head unit swap I have had zero issues. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

mathew62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Having the same issue occasionally. I've tried to get a video of it but it stops when I try to record it lmao. First issue I've had, and it's definitely annoying

civicquattro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I've been having this same issue, and it's so annoying. Only happens about once a week, but multiple times in a row. Took it by my dealership, and it was the first time my salesperson had heard of this issue. Waiting to hear back from him. People who've gotten their screens replaced: has this fixed the issue?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Just dropped my car at Honda this morning. They called me yesterday and said tech line got back to them in regards to my issues and they told them to replace the screen, so they ordered it and it came in this morning. Hope it works. also yesterday I had my phone connected via Bluetooth and I had a phone call come in, I didn't answer it and tapped ignore on the car screen and when the call ended, the incoming call screen was still showing on my car display and also on the other speedo screen as well. I could not clear it at all, I had to reboot the radio to get rid of that screen. so frustrating.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Silver lining hypothesis:

Honda fights warranty claims like crazy. The fact that I, and others on here, are getting their screens replaced (which is extremely expensive for labor and parts), tells me Honda knows that this is a big problem.

I see this going one of two ways-

1. Honda will suck it up and deal with it after "fixing it" on 2017+ models, riding out the issues on 2016 until it plateaus after warranties expire and then it's on the customer (likely)

2 they're working on a fix, if it's eve possible at all.

I'd really like to get the NHTSA involved on a global scale to force Honda to do a REAL fix, as the issues I've had with this head unit in one year of ownership are extremely dangerous and effectively guarantee I'll be returning it after my lease. I'd have probably bought it otherwise.

mugenx78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Went to Honda with this video and the service adviser literally said "go to CivicX or 10thgencivic forum and see if there is a fix because we dont have one right now" Yes I know, turn the phone sideways when filming but I was driving and wasnt thinking about it.

I have the same issue, damn I'm glad I'm not the only one.