UPDATE: Touchscreen Continually Goes "Back"- No fix added video

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this happened to me when I first bought the car, I freaked out like you guys, came here and someone told me to clean the screen and lower the sensitivity. this should do it, worked for me, haven't had the problem since!
Sponsored

Dcreek02

"If it aint a Type R, it aint a tight car"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2004 Acura TSX (6spd w/ Navi), 1998 Dakota R/T, 1985 Audi UR Quattro, 1965 Triumph TR4A,
Country flag
See I don't think it is the sensitivity issue I think it is in the program or screen itself. I mean why would Honda offer such a sensitive screen if dust could change it. Why is the sensitivity/dust so selective with just doing the back button?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
See I don't think it is the sensitivity issue I think it is in the program or screen itself. I mean why would Honda offer such a sensitive screen if dust could change it. Why is the sensitivity/dust so selective with just doing the back button?
it wasn't dust that was the problem it was literally finger prints left on the screen, any sort of grease, have you guys tried this yet? agreed it shouldn't do it at all but it hasn't happened to me since that very first road trip and I've had the car for a year now.

edit: also I bought a screen protector so that may have something to do with it not re occurring

Dcreek02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2004 Acura TSX (6spd w/ Navi), 1998 Dakota R/T, 1985 Audi UR Quattro, 1965 Triumph TR4A,
Country flag
I have had my car since end of May and this is the 1st time it has started doing it. I doubt it is the finger prints. I refer to my last question why would it be so selective and only do the "back" button/area? I would think if our finger prints could make it do crazy things then why is mine not changing the volume, changing the station or anything else along those lines.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
I have a screen protector on my radio and I try to keep it clean I hate finger prints on screen ... and I don't touch my back button much at all and mine will do when ever it wants to and i had time it kept doing it for over 1min I had to force restart radio .. and I keep radio clean

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it may not be selective at all, but the fact that it's getting multiple inputs from different areas of the screen, this happens alot with touchscreens, it's called ghost touching. there is a whole forum dedicated to this issue on Apple. I'm not saying you for sure have this problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just go outside, clean your screen, lower the sensitivity and see if it still happens?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a screen protector on my radio and I try to keep it clean I hate finger prints on screen ... and I don't touch my back button much at all and mine will do when ever it wants to and i had time it kept doing it for over 1min I had to force restart radio .. and I keep radio clean
sucks man, just thought I'd put that out there because that was the issue for a lot of us already. there are a couple of threads on here already about the issue.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is your sensitivity on low?

Dcreek02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it may not be selective at all, but the fact that it's getting multiple inputs from different areas of the screen, this happens alot with touchscreens, it's called ghost touching. there is a whole forum dedicated to this issue on Apple. I'm not saying you for sure have this problem, but wouldn't it be easier to just go outside, clean your screen, lower the sensitivity and see if it still happens?
Who says that I have not cleaned my screen? Sadly I have and the problem will still occur. I don't want to lower the sensitivity, I like to have my screen at the level it is now.
Why have something on the car if I can not use it?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Who says that I have not cleaned my screen? Sadly I have and the problem will still occur. I don't want to lower the sensitivity, I like to have my screen at the level it is now.
Why have something on the car if I can not use it?
Im sorry i assumed you didn't clean the screen because you were questioning what finger prints or dust would have to do with the back button. I understand your unwillingness to part with the high sensitivity level, and I agree it should work the way the car comes, but I assure you low sensitivity has very little difference in how the HU performs.

Dcreek02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No worries, I just find it strange that this problem for me specifically would happen 8 months later after I leased the vehicle. That is why I don't think it would be a sensitivity issue.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No worries, I just find it strange that this problem for me specifically would happen 8 months later after I leased the vehicle. That is why I don't think it would be a sensitivity issue.
in that case, hope mine doesn't come back.

CanineGunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Don't know if this will help but the touchscreen on my laptop had a very similar problem when it was new. Kept doing sporadic "ghost touches" down in one corner. Turned out to be a software problem, never happened again after an update.
Sponsored