Update to the Civic Oil Dilution fix

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Honda will no longer be replacing the A/c control unit. Dealers were sent a control box that updates the current control unit in house. The rest of the process is still the same, oil change, the PCM gets updated, throttle value and idle learned.

My advice is to wait until you are closer to the 15% oil life interval. FREE OIL CHANGE!
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda will no longer be replacing the A/c control unit. Dealers were sent a control box that updates the current control unit in house. The rest of the process is still the same, oil change, the PCM gets updated, throttle value and idle learned.

My advice is to wait until you are closer to the 15% oil life interval. FREE OIL CHANGE!
sound advice. indeed.

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
That's great news. I thought it seemed strange they needed to replace the entire control unit simply for a change of programming. I guess that was probably the fastest way they could begin to reach the highest risk consumers while they more deliberately came up with a much more cost effective solution.

Bonus they don't have to tear apart your interior to replace the box.

I wonder if after they finish sending out these units if they will open the flood gates and start performing the update for everyone?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

Let me ask you a question. I checked for any recalls on my car (2018 Civic Si), and there are zero recalls for my VIN. Is this recall for the Si or just a general recall. BTW, I have no issues with oil dilution. I am about 30% life, no gasoline smells, oil levels have not risen etc. Thanks

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you put your VIN in at the Honda recall site, this won't show. That's for safety recalls. This is a technical service bulletin.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If you put your VIN in at the Honda recall site, this won't show. That's for safety recalls. This is a technical service bulletin.
I see. Do you happen to have the bulletin number or a link?

OP
OP

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I see. Do you happen to have the bulletin number or a link?
This campaign only applies to vehicles sold in cold weather states: Alaska, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and Wisconsin.

Bulletin # 18-137

And it's not a recall, so it won't show up on any recall website. If you go to the dealer regularly they always run your VIN and they see the latest open recalls and bulletins available for your car.

Diasnipes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
So if our civic is tuned with hondata , how will this recall work because there doing a software update, will we have to go back to stock?

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I live in PA so I suppose I'm affected, is this available for everyone already? I'm getting close to my next oil change so if I can just call the dealer and say I want the oil dilution fixed on my Si I'll do that asap.

OP
OP

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I live in PA so I suppose I'm affected, is this available for everyone already? I'm getting close to my next oil change so if I can just call the dealer and say I want the oil dilution fixed on my Si I'll do that asap.
Call your service department. Ask the service advisor to run a VIN inquiry on your car to see if you need Bulletin 18-137 done. If you need it, tell them you would like to make an appointment.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of PA...join our group!

www.fb.com/groups/sicksocietypa

OverX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Keep in mind the free oil change does not include the filter

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Keep in mind the free oil change does not include the filter
theyd actually change the oil and not the filter? fucking rediculous!

jrse7en

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2003 CRV
Country flag
I changed my oil last week for the second time at about 11,500 miles and didn't notice any fuel smell. When I changed the oil the first time at around 4,500 miles I definitely noticed the fuel smell. probably doesn't matter but I use Mobil 1 and have TSP stage 1 tune.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
what does this mean for those who got their PCMs changed out for brand new ones as part of this original TSB before they updated the TSB to just a software update for the PCM?
Sponsored