First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
Keep in mind the free oil change does not include the filter[/QUOTE
So I just went to the service center at the dealership to have a talk with them about this whole issue. I told the guy that there was some sort of bulletin issued for my car and he knew nothing about it. He then looked under my name and said that there was a “recall” issued for my vehicle. I told him I would get back to him about making an appointment to have the “software updated.” That’s how he described it. He told me that this is a “safety issue” and that I should make an appointment right away. I still told them I would call them back.

I just don’t understand that if this is indeed a recall, why doesn’t it show up when I search my VIN. I feel like he just said recall but didn’t know what he was talking about. It’s just frustrating trying to get info out of these people and this company. There’s no way I would no about this problem if it wasn’t for this forum or reading online. The people at these dealerships are clueless.
Clueless except how to screw you out of money.
Sponsored

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Not the case at all. Hondata and KTuner are working to incorporate the oil dilution updates into their software.
found this old thread but am still curious, has Ktuner add this into their tunes as of now or no? I am in the region that's effected

javor1986

First Name
Yavor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan 1,5 T
Country flag
found this old thread but am still curious, has Ktuner add this into their tunes as of now or no? I am in the region that's effected
Good question, I am wondering the same.
My Civic has the oil dilution problem and I hope Ktuner will incorporate it.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Good question, I am wondering the same.
My Civic has the oil dilution problem and I hope Ktuner will incorporate it.
When you first tune your car, the software asks you if you have had the oil dilution update done. At least it did for me. Since I didn't have it done, I said no. I assume it changes something. That being said, if you were to then reflash with a custom off the shelf tune like TSP or Phearable, not sure it would matter anymore either way.
Sponsored