TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
just alittle taste of the boosted K20C2, baby pulls. No red like either or traction lmao
I'm curious and want to see a datalog on a 1-2-3gear pull.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back in the old days you could throw a check valve and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator on a vehicle with a turbo added in order to make it "run". That's not properly tuned, but it will run.

I'm sure you can use the KTuner software to alter fuel and ignition timing to make it run, but it won't be properly tuned for the setup. It's better to at least have some control vs just adding a check valve/RRR and sending it.
So I guess it’s time for ktuner to step up to the plate and turbo a 2.0 and find out what needs to be done to “correctly” tune it.
Them 1.5 owners Get real jealous real quick.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So I guess it’s time for ktuner to step up to the plate and turbo a 2.0 and find out what needs to be done to “correctly” tune it.
We don't build turbo kits. That's for someone else to tackle.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Lol

You want a 2.0 turbo? Get an Accord or Type R. Problem solved.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well of course, but who better to tackle the project than the experts tuning it? For the community. Company vehicle. And if everything works out then you’ve fallen into a possible money maker.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I imagine we'll see turbo kits available for the 2.0NA Civic some day, likely after more warranties have expired. Right now it doesn't appear there's enough market interest for companies to invest the time yet. We can look at the tuning aspect at that time.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I imagine we'll see turbo kits available for the 2.0NA Civic some day, likely after more warranties have expired. Right now it doesn't appear there's enough market interest for companies to invest the time yet. We can look at the tuning aspect at that time.
Oh yea there are no kits available, of course most of it would have to be custom made which isn’t a problem.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
This shouldn't be excessively difficult, especially with some part swaps from the C4 engine, ECU, and whatever sensors/whatever-buses, & wires.. then I think you can use an Accord's version kTuner to tune it properly.
I think he may have meant kTuner Tunes for an Accord..?? Should already exist, right?
Lol

You want a 2.0 turbo? Get an Accord or Type R. Problem solved.
Should still be doable in theory, even Str8 stock parts swaps. Really tho, why is everyone just throwing up their hands at the possibility? I thought that was a serious point of these Honda forums: sharing learning experiences from trial & errors.. I seen a destroyed Civic yesterday and all I could think was well, at least there's some local spare parts available now, Lol..

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This shouldn't be excessively difficult, especially with some part swaps from the C4 engine, ECU, and whatever sensors/whatever-buses, & wires.. then I think you can use an Accord's version kTuner to tune it properly.

I think he may have meant kTuner Tunes for an Accord..?? Should already exist, right?

Should still be doable in theory, even Str8 stock parts swaps. Really tho, why is everyone just throwing up their hands at the possibility? I thought that was a serious point of these Honda forums: sharing learning experiences from trial & errors.. I seen a destroyed Civic yesterday and all I could think was well, at least there's some local spare parts available now, Lol..
nothing from the c4 accord or c1 ctr will work (given they’re direct injection too (different type of tune)) except the intake valves and the timing chain. Same oem part numbers. Ecu’s are different with different connectors, pin count, accessories/features, etc.

I was talking more about ktuner having their own k20c2 turbo. (Have their reputable group install/custom make their own, correct (non hack job as someone called that one guys boosted 2.0) turbo kit for tuning purposes for the community.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man! I’m sure you guys know me, some of you guys love me some don’t. Almost a whole year since I’ve boosted it, and I haven’t had zero issues other than more frequent oil changes, injector swaps, or very minor problems. Fully enjoy it, been tuned since August of 2019, dyno sheets to show it. Been tuned at 10 pounds on a stock ecu and stock internals, which everyone said wasn’t possible. Annndd I’m here a nearly a year later with my daily driven boosted LX, fully enjoying it. Do I baby this car ? Hell no I don’t. It’s not luck that it lasted this long, obviously these engines could hold more than most think. To my 2.0 people who wants to boost their engine, GO FOR IT. Don’t let nobody tell you otherwise. Would love to send videos here but unfortunately I cannot, if you want videos dm me on IG! @markiepacheco much love

A26750E5-30C5-42EE-A744-4CB2C8622FA6.jpeg

F573AFCE-42D6-45E4-A8E5-77001A0BED01.jpeg

B3B7BF8F-398E-4814-8A37-BAD817C30A98.jpeg
Take your car to @KTuner let them experiment ?? ???âš™

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the 1.5ltr Civic's weren't already turbocharged, the NA 2.0'ers would've seen a kit available for it by now.

You guys have a great platform N/A. People could be capitalizing on that, especially the manual trained folks (Are there 2.0 manuals?). Intake, exhaust mods are easy enough to come by. Get Ktuner! Possibly custom light weight pulley (if u desire), lighter wheels and a custom cam grind (Ex: Deltacams) could make for a fairly quick car.

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't it be better to just purchase a built block for the L15B7? Everything is already (mostly everything) out , turbo kits, meth, flex fuel kits, built tranny's and much more. You get the looks+performance.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't it be better to just purchase a built block for the L15B7? Everything is already (mostly everything) out , turbo kits, meth, flex fuel kits, built tranny's and much more. You get the looks+performance.
He is trying to do something different which is not a bad thing. Someone has to be the first to try But there are good ways and bad ways to about it. If it ever becomes a viable option, Im sure a certain tuning platform would put in the work to make it happen for the community. Right now we have one person who tried it and has only kept the information on his "build" to himself and hasnt shared any datalogs with the important people who could make it work correctly if in fact they can.
Sponsored