First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He is trying to do something different which is not a bad thing. Someone has to be the first to try But there are good ways and bad ways to about it. If it ever becomes a viable option, Im sure a certain tuning platform would put in the work to make it happen for the community. Right now we have one person who tried it and has only kept the information on his "build" to himself and hasnt shared any datalogs with the important people who could make it work correctly if in fact they can.
I couldn’t agree more except those last words. If they get his platform in their possession to study, I know they will perfect it.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I couldn’t agree more except those last words. If they get his platform in their possession to study, I know they will perfect it.
all good my man. I know we were going back and forth on the other thread. We dont have to agree on everything and in the end we both want it to work the right way for the 2.0 guys. Who knows, maybe it ends up being a monster handling more than the 1.5t or maybe its a dud. Trying is the only way to find out.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
all good my man. I know we were going back and forth on the other thread. We dont have to agree on everything and in the end we both want it to work the right way for the 2.0 guys. Who knows, maybe it ends up being a monster handling more than the 1.5t or maybe its a dud. Trying is the only way to find out.
I want to be the first to “correctly” blow up the engine to find its breaking point on stock internals. I know it sounds bad but a whole engine goes for like 700 bucks on eBay lol would be the perfect donor I think the stock internals could handle like 300-350 to the crank, it’s a k series but no one knows yet.

But yea I’m not trying to fight anyone, at the end of the day we all want the same thing... 1000hp lol. I’m just saying the possibilities are there, It’s just undiscovered right now, and when either ktuner, or even hondata, gets someone like this guy to show up with their boosted c2 it’s going to be game over, they will figure it out and share with the community.

Idk what tf that tuner was doing in regards to the afr chart. S*** was everywhere. I wonder if a difference can be made by relocating the iat to the Im. if map sensor can be rescaled then the type r map/iat2 will work (repinned and iat relocation), ctr im will bolt up to c2 head.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Lol why tf would they ever do that. Not like he did anything. Hired someone to build a hack job turbo kit and had a tuner tune it for him. Not hard to boost an NA in the first place. Most people do custom builds but go with standalone ecu’s rather than stock ecu which has limitations
Hey man, we should try and discuss this with cool heads. Being aggresive and lashing out at people is completely unproductive, and a waste of everyone’s time.
Anyways, love these discussions and big ups OP for putting your neck out there and experimenting!

ambitiousal

AmbitiousAl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I’ve been reading your old boosted post and now this one. Props to you. Sometimes (and by that I mean all the time) people don’t want to believe that something so hard to believe and deemed impossible is actually possible if you put enough work and time into it.

Ktuner even doesn’t know that their software is capable of tuning a boosted 2.0 NA. That’s because they haven’t thought about doing it or even tried it and maybe they need your boosted 2.0 to do some testing (who knows ?‍♂). A lot of companies don’t really fully support or show much love to the 2.0 NA because “it’s too soon” so they don’t believe it’s potential but you did.

Whether the boosted 2.0 NA is pushing high numbers or not, all that matters is, IT IS POSSIBLE and IT IS DONE?? Hopefully in the future they will make a turbo kit and standalone ecu’s or allow tuning the stock ecu’s for these most-hated motors. ?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I’ve been reading your old boosted post and now this one. Props to you. Sometimes (and by that I mean all the time) people don’t want to believe that something so hard to believe and deemed impossible is actually possible if you put enough work and time into it.

Ktuner even doesn’t know that their software is capable of tuning a boosted 2.0 NA. That’s because they haven’t thought about doing it or even tried it and maybe they need your boosted 2.0 to do some testing (who knows ?‍♂). A lot of companies don’t really fully support or show much love to the 2.0 NA because “it’s too soon” so they don’t believe it’s potential but you did.

Whether the boosted 2.0 NA is pushing high numbers or not, all that matters is, IT IS POSSIBLE and IT IS DONE?? Hopefully in the future they will make a turbo kit and standalone ecu’s or allow tuning the stock ecu’s for these most-hated motors. ?
LOL

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
“it’s too soon”
I mean… GenX is no longer in production. If the aftermarket was going to blow up for the K20C2s it would have happened in the 6 years since they released.

I love the dedication to turbo them… and I’m sure we’ll see some more custom builds here and there as the decade wears on and K20C2 cars get older and relatively cheap. It’s just never going to be that common when you can buy a similarly old and relatively cheap non-Si L15B7 car and make it have around 100 whp more than a stock K20C2 car for under $500 and 15 minutes of work.

The Ktuner folks have discussed this a bit here and there… and as they’re in a business to make money, if they or anyone else saw a goldmine of customers looking to turbocharge their K20C2 cars… I’m sure they would have offered it to the public in the last 6 years. I still think there may be some cross compatibility with the A3 cars from the base RSX/7th gen Civic era that may be available for a song on the used market but I haven’t seen anyone mention attempting to go that route. This motor is effectively dusting off, tweaking and repackaging that 20 year old motor.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Thoughts. Not evidence?
What's your evidence? You can tune K20C2 with ktuner, but not for boost. You can adjust fueling thanks to the MAF and ignition timing but you can't control boost (need an external controller) and the ECU can't read boost so it won't be tuned properly, but it will run. Similar to a piggyback boost amplificator, it will run but not properly tuned.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sigh*

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's your evidence? You can tune K20C2 with ktuner, but not for boost. You can adjust fueling thanks to the MAF and ignition timing but you can't control boost (need an external controller) and the ECU can't read boost so it won't be tuned properly, but it will run. Similar to a piggyback boost amplificator, it will run but not properly tuned.
Of course a boost controller would be needed (preferably scg-1), Maybe a fuel return system too. A 2 bar map sensor is already installed, It goes up to 10 lbs. there is no proof it won’t work, just “thoughts”. Until someone shows “evidence” that they installed a turbo on a c2 and proves it won’t work and blow the engine resulting from the tune, then We will believe that it can’t be done. It’s already been done before. Regardless if people “think” it’s shit or not, they hate it because it hasn’t and won’t blow up.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
No one hate a k20c2 boosted ? I love it. just seen histories full of lies and that's bad for the community and for someone wanting to build a similar setup.
Sponsored