Joshua Schauer

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
6k will not put a K20c1 in your car lol, lot more to figure out than just buying the motor. As cheap as you can get a K24, the fab work would make that swap likely easily as a expensive as a K20c1 or even more. An L15 swap makes the most sense and after that a K20c4 swap is the next best thing from an Accord which has been done so far as well.
Is the k20c4 the turboed 2.0 from the accord? I'm interested in what it would take to swap my c2 for one, but anytime I ask about it on the honda groups I get met with a bunch of negativity and people saying to just buy an si or R. I get that it's alot of MO ey and time to do these things whether it be boosting an na engine or doing a swap. But this is how the car community grows, we test the limits. At least in my opinion. Anyways if you can share more info on this swap it'd be appreciated. Trying to map out a game plan and budget to do something to my lx sedan.
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can bolt a c2 head on the c1 block and use the type r trans. Need custom axles. Timing chain and valve cover is same part number. If someone got the money they can run sequential gearbox.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Is the k20c4 the turboed 2.0 from the accord? I'm interested in what it would take to swap my c2 for one, but anytime I ask about it on the honda groups I get met with a bunch of negativity and people saying to just buy an si or R. I get that it's alot of MO ey and time to do these things whether it be boosting an na engine or doing a swap. But this is how the car community grows, we test the limits. At least in my opinion. Anyways if you can share more info on this swap it'd be appreciated. Trying to map out a game plan and budget to do something to my lx sedan.
Yeah its the motor from the 2.0T accord. The reason why you're met with negativity is because usually the guys asking for help with planning out this build, don't have the fundamentals covered, don't possess the know how, and usually don't have the funds either. It is not a swap that makes sense economically and the performance of the end result isn't something spectacular. It's not like swapping a K series into a light weight EG hatch where with just the swap alone is going to net a pretty great power to weight ratio vehicle. (aaperformancebuilds) on IG is the one person I know that completed the K20c4 swap successfully into an Si, while I CAN recommend you to reach out to him, I really suggest not to unless you plan to have him do the work for you because he runs a business, asking for free advice might not be met with the helpfulness you desire.

Seanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex Sedan (K20C2)
Country flag
I feel you on this, I want to boost my K20C2 but people keep on telling me the same thing< its not worth it, youre going to waste your money and blah blah blah. I dont give a fuck, its my build and thats what i want to do, its not a job its a hobby. Anyways I might know someone the might be able to boost it in Baldwin Park CA

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
Hello yall, gonna bump this thread just for sh*ts N giggles.

@ThatSlowFc2 if I'm not mistaken a while back you had discussed that you had planned on going standalone with the ecu adapter harness from AKD Performance. Has this happened? How's the car running now?

Would love to hear more about the car or even what your future plans are for it.

Thanks and take care,

-Jon

Last edited:

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag
*sigh* This thread again.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello yall, gonna bump this thread just for sh*ts N giggles.

@ThatSlowFc2 if I'm not mistaken a while back you had discussed that you had planned on going standalone with the ecu adapter harness from AKD Performance. Has this happened? How's the car running now?

Would love to hear more about the car or even what your future plans are for it.

Thanks and take care,

-Jon
Think AKD got banned IIRC? So unsure if we’ll be getting anything from “that side”. :/

Last edited:

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
Think AKD got banned IIRC?
That would be correct. I watched that whole fiasco with front row seats. That being said I was and still am very intrigued about the adapter harness he supposedly offers. That is if he could deliver on it which seems to be iffy to say the least. Sucks that the only one doing development on the 2.0L seems to be a less than reliable individual. That being said if he delivers on his pre existing orders and attempts to right wrongs, I think I'd still buy that harness assuming it does what it says it does.

After all it does seem like he delivers on some things. The manifold this OP used seems to be from AKD. The photos OP has shown are identical to the turbo manifold that AKD had listed on his website.

I would proceed with ordering stuff from him with extreme caution though considering what others experiences have been. Not to mention him not trying to become a verfied seller on the forums while still being a manufacturer of parts. But that's just my two cents.

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
After all it does seem like he delivers on some things. The manifold this OP used seems to be from AKD. The photos OP has shown are identical to the turbo manifold that AKD had listed on his website.
After looking closer I believe I'm incorrect on this.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the works with putting type r internals in the c2. c1/c4 crank (same part number) works with correct bearings, but need c4 reluctor wheel, so 18-22 accord 2.0 crank will do if you get one used with reluctor wheel

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No worries boys, he hasnt posted an update on any manifolds or tuning in at least 4 months on the facebook pages either. All vaporware lol, no substance

GrDeleto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
No worries boys, he hasnt posted an update on any manifolds or tuning in at least 4 months on the facebook pages either. All vaporware lol, no substance
He has an entire group mainly for the c2. All early developments he seems to post there.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 6 speed manual.
Country flag
In the works with putting type r internals in the c2. c1/c4 crank (same part number) works with correct bearings, but need c4 reluctor wheel, so 18-22 accord 2.0 crank will do if you get one used with reluctor wheel
Saw somewhere on Instagram that a ported type r oil pump from mountuneusa.com fits the k20c2 Engine block. Seems to be much cheaper than then one 4P sells. Have you tried this yet?
Honda Civic 10th gen Update on my Boosted K20C2 IMG_5893
Honda Civic 10th gen Update on my Boosted K20C2 IMG_5895
Honda Civic 10th gen Update on my Boosted K20C2 IMG_5894

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
Saw somewhere on Instagram that a ported type r oil pump from mountuneusa.com fits the k20c2 Engine block. Seems to be much cheaper than then one 4P sells. Have you tried this yet?
IMG_5893.jpeg
IMG_5895.jpeg
IMG_5894.jpeg
Gotta wonder why AKD is tagged in this. Might be vaporware but I hope not. Once I get a spare motor to play with I'll be doing a full NA standalone build with head work to hopefully rev to 8K like the type R guys with head work done. Need likely the 4p pump as well not to destroy the engine at those rpms as well.

Hows your build holding up Juan? Is the fuel system still holding strong despite the e85?