First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one hate a k20c2 boosted ? I love it. just seen histories full of lies and that's bad for the community and for someone wanting to build a similar setup.
The op for the first recorded boosted c2 did make some shady comments ngl. But I think it’s wrong to call it a hack job when we have been doing the same thing for previous generations and not calling it a hack job… seems hypocritical to me.

Back in the old days you could throw a check valve and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator on a vehicle with a turbo added in order to make it "run". That's not properly tuned, but it will run.

I'm sure you can use the KTuner software to alter fuel and ignition timing to make it run, but it won't be properly tuned for the setup. It's better to at least have some control vs just adding a check valve/RRR and sending it.
Please explain how adding an scg-1 and return system+injectors while adjusting fuel and timing delivery for correct afr’s and knock is not tuned properly?
Sponsored

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
The op for the first recorded boosted c2 did make some shady comments ngl. But I think it’s wrong to call it a hack job when we have been doing the same thing for previous generations and not calling it a hack job… seems hypocritical to me.

Please explain how adding an scg-1 and return system+injectors while adjusting fuel and timing delivery for correct afr’s and knock is not tuned properly?
Hey can you guys quiet down this thread was dead. I'm tryna lurk over here! All jokes aside If someone doesn't find a way to boost this engine I might just gut my engine and k24 swap at this point. I'm disappointed nobody has played around with this engine. I'd love to put this engine through its paces before I swap it but I don't even know where to start besides short ram intake and ktuner

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d love to see a K-swapped GenX for one of the performance variants and ditching the C2. I think that’d be more interesting than turbocharging the C2… as neat as that is. But hey… that’s me.

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
I’d love to see a K-swapped GenX for one of the performance variants and ditching the C2. I think that’d be more interesting than turbocharging the C2… as neat as that is. But hey… that’s me.
I'd love to do it but I've never swapped an engine before so it's all new to me lol but if I do go through with it I'll be sure to document it and post a new thread regarding it

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'd love to do it but I've never swapped an engine before so it's all new to me lol but if I do go through with it I'll be sure to document it and post a new thread regarding it
That is the biggest wall you run into with K20C2 development. The people with the knowledge, and funds have enough common sense to know it is not worth the time, effort, and money. Just by watching those videos OP posted you can see that the car is painfully slow for being a boosted car. There is nothing special enough about 10th gen LX to warrant dumping money into that motor especially if you can't do the fab work and R&D yourself. Not when L15s exist and are so cheap to pick up.

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
That is the biggest wall you run into with K20C2 development. The people with the knowledge, and funds have enough common sense to know it is not worth the time, effort, and money. Just by watching those videos OP posted you can see that the car is painfully slow for being a boosted car. There is nothing special enough about 10th gen LX to warrant dumping money into that motor especially if you can't do the fab work and R&D yourself. Not when L15s exist and are so cheap to pick up.
I mean if you've got about 6k that's enough for a k20c1 which honestly is worth dumping every dime you want into. For now I'll slap a tune on mine maybe a downpipe then get a k24

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean if you've got about 6k that's enough for a k20c1 which honestly is worth dumping every dime you want into. For now I'll slap a tune on mine maybe a downpipe then get a k24
6k will not put a K20c1 in your car lol, lot more to figure out than just buying the motor. As cheap as you can get a K24, the fab work would make that swap likely easily as a expensive as a K20c1 or even more. An L15 swap makes the most sense and after that a K20c4 swap is the next best thing from an Accord which has been done so far as well.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A K20Z3 staying NA and wild would be neat out of a wrecked donor 8th gen Si. Past that either a Z1 or A2 from a type S RSX. I didn’t care for the K24Z7 in its NA guise in the 9th gen Si… but there was a lot of aftermarket support for turbo/supercharging. I wouldn’t be surprised if cost wise and turning-the-car-into-a-science-experiment-wise it wouldn’t be easier/cheaper if you had had a donor in a nearby salvage yard. I do think a C1 might be pricey.

Again… once the GenXs age and maybe we have some rolling chassis with blown C2s here and there we’ll see some interesting things pop up as the decade wears on. Might even see a J35 thrown in for good measure… just because. ?

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah but even then it's not a complete PNP setup. Still need clutch, flywheel, intercooler, piping, downpipe, mounts, axles etc... Still a pretty long list even after spending 9k. A lot of the same stuff you would have to figure out to dump an older k24 into the chassis. It will be a long time before people start dumping money into these cars that came with 2.0 NA engines. (possibly never) People are more likely to start with the Si, then the hatchbacks.

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
Yeah but even then it's not a complete PNP setup. Still need clutch, flywheel, intercooler, piping, downpipe, mounts, axles etc... Still a pretty long list even after spending 9k. A lot of the same stuff you would have to figure out to dump an older k24 into the chassis. It will be a long time before people start dumping money into these cars that came with 2.0 NA engines. (possibly never) People are more likely to start with the Si, then the hatchbacks.
I guess ill be the first when the times comes

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
L15s are garbage motors imo. There's cooling issues, the displacement is quite low even with the help of the turbo, and there's head gasket issues. The K20C2 isn't meant to be modified heavily and has a lot of parts unique to the engine (which isn't a good thing). It would be nearly all custom work and probably for minimal gain. Best thing to do would be to yank out the K20C2 and swap in the Type R motor (it's been done), or what I'm eventually going to do is a K24/K20 head Frankenstein build. There's of course the issues of axles, motor mounts, transmission mounts, ECU, etc, etc.

ThatOneXgen

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 1.5L
Country flag
L15s are garbage motors imo. There's cooling issues, the displacement is quite low even with the help of the turbo, and there's head gasket issues. The K20C2 isn't meant to be modified heavily and has a lot of parts unique to the engine (which isn't a good thing). It would be nearly all custom work and probably for minimal gain. Best thing to do would be to yank out the K20C2 and swap in the Type R motor (it's been done), or what I'm eventually going to do is a K24/K20 head Frankenstein build. There's of course the issues of axles, motor mounts, transmission mounts, ECU, etc, etc.
Heyyyy that's exactly what I want to do lmao

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The K20C4 out of a 2.0 Accord is probably a more cost effective swap. Or a K20Cx from a TLX/RDX, there's simply more of them than there are Type R's.

JasNeo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
You're the second person I've come across in a K20C2 thread to say the L15s have cooling issues but I've still never come across anything backing that up. Same with the head gasket issues. The only major issues I've ever seen with the L15s is oil dilution and head studs with the Si. Cooling issues is what the Type-Rs were dealing with when tracking. If you have evidence backing up your claims I would legitimately like to read up on those issues to further educate myself on these engines and the potential problems they may have
Sponsored