(Update: 10 in stock )ARK Performance catback for 2017 Hatch Sport (pics and sound clips)

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you look at other cars i feel like there is such a variety in looks for tips and style i don't see much so far with us.
Untitled.jpg
Wait for the Thermal tip design. I've already seen it but I couldn't take pics. Some may not like it but it's a removable design so you can always replace it with something else if you so desire.

Full 3" on stock turbo, stock DP and Mid pipe.......way too big, will do nothing, may actually loose a few hp but be louder maybe.
Do you design exhausts? How do you know this or are you just saying it because? I remember hearing this exact same thing on the 8th gen's and yet a 3 inch on that NA motor made good gains.
Sponsored

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Wait for the Thermal tip design. I've already seen it but I couldn't take pics. Some may not like it but it's a removable design so you can always replace it with something else if you so desire.

Do you design exhausts? How do you know this or are you just saying it because? I remember hearing this exact same thing on the 8th gen's and yet a 3 inch on that NA motor made good gains.
Very easy to "over exhaust" and engine, ESPECIALLY a 1.5l, soda bottles have bigger displacement, no I do not design exhausts but after reading the testing PRL did where they dynoed with and without an exhaust and there were NO gains, a 3" mid pipe back will be minimal if any except sound............ALL these exhausts WILL be just for sound and looks, will be a personal preference by the individuals taste. Thanks though

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
A exhaust on this platform will not make any gains. This has been confirmed. It’s all for sound and looks. And to be honest the stock exhaust is plenty good enough. It’s free flowing from the factory.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very easy to "over exhaust" and engine, ESPECIALLY a 1.5l, soda bottles have bigger displacement, no I do not design exhausts but after reading the testing PRL did where they dynoed with and without an exhaust and there were NO gains, a 3" mid pipe back will be minimal if any except sound............ALL these exhausts WILL be just for sound and looks, will be a personal preference by the individuals taste. Thanks though
Dang, that one hurt. Ha

OP
OP

Sonic_the_Hatchog

IG: @1sikmr2baru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatch 6spd 16' WRX
Country flag
When you look at other cars i feel like there is such a variety in looks for tips and style i don't see much so far with us.
Untitled.jpg
After I got the prototype from ARK, they did mention that they were toying with the idea of using removable tips so that we could customize the tips the way we want. One of the options discussed was a black dry carbon finish and of course burnt (blue) tips.

On a side note, 3" exhaust is not necessary on our cars. There is such a thing as overkill when it comes to exhaust diameter hence this 2.5" design and even Borla's smaller 2.25" design if I'm not mistaken. I did bring it up when we first discussed the route this exhaust was gonna take simply because the downpipe market seemed to be limited to 3" diameter. ARK reassured me that 3" was too large and the 1.5l engine would not benefit from that big of an exhaust. I knew this already but was hoping we could get something that we could pair up with the 3" downpipes that are already out and not have to use an adapter to make it fit. Maybe someone will come out with a 2.5" downpipe that will mate to this exhaust.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After I got the prototype from ARK, they did mention that they were toying with the idea of using removable tips so that we could customize the tips the way we want. One of the options discussed was a black dry carbon finish and of course burnt (blue) tips.

On a side note, 3" exhaust is not necessary on our cars. There is such a thing as overkill when it comes to exhaust diameter hence this 2.5" design and even Borla's smaller 2.25" design if I'm not mistaken. I did bring it up when we first discussed the route this exhaust was gonna take simply because the downpipe market seemed to be limited to 3" diameter. ARK reassured me that 3" was too large and the 1.5l engine would not benefit from that big of an exhaust. I knew this already but was hoping we could get something that we could pair up with the 3" downpipes that are already out and not have to use an adapter to make it fit. Maybe someone will come out with a 2.5" downpipe that will mate to this exhaust.
CNT racing has a 3" downpipe/frontpipe that tapers down to 2.25" for the stock exhaust size

Reactions: Myx

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CNT racing has a 3" downpipe/frontpipe that tapers down to 2.25" for the stock exhaust size
Also, the RV6 downpipe comes configured to bolt onto the factory front pipe (can be adapted to go larger if desired).

hawjdude

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch, Evo 8, GTR, Supra, RX7
Super Street mag did a test with a Greddy SP exhaust on their test hatchback. 3 inch. Made minimal gains, but, the exhaust looked great.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may be useful if they actually post it for sale within the next month:

Honda Civic 10th gen (Update: 10  in stock )ARK Performance catback for 2017 Hatch Sport (pics and sound clips) 22310281_10155709630017356_1561728058015558787_n

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Super Street mag did a test with a Greddy SP exhaust on their test hatchback. 3 inch. Made minimal gains, but, the exhaust looked great.
Link to the article?