Upcoming TLX Type S

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Sadly this is true, Nissan is our only hope with offering the next gen Z with a turbo 6 and 6MT.
Unsure about Nissan (since they are owned by Renault) will compete in that market. It is very limited these days and puts them well out of the price range of the population that purchase Nissans.
I myself am awaiting Mazda's release of their 2.0L 18.0 CR vehicles here in the U.S. They chose the overseas market first as I believe they weren't prepared for production to meet the U.S. market.
On 87Oct fuel they operate at 44% Peak Efficiency (vs L15B7s 38%) and achieve 20hp & 40ft lbs more (as opposed to L15B7s power numbers on the same octane).
They are in essence S/C engines and have immediate response....a very worthwhile watch for when they do come stateside.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Estoril4

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
Definitely dreaming about a turbo v6 honda. Honda was supposedly working on a turbo v6 for the new upcoming Acura RDX and instead came with the turbo 4 derivative from the Type R. Check out this link from Honda last year. http://hondanews.com/acura-automobi...erformance-throughout-acura-core-model-lineup
So far theyve confirmed the turbo V6 and have said at least two type s variants will be released within the next few years, my bet is that the rdx will be the other model. Would love to see a ilx "tsx" type s though, or an ilx coupe type s

OP
OP
Estoril4

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully they don’t throw in the ZF9 that the current TLX has. That thing absolutely murdered Acura’s reliability ranking because of how shit it is.

This looks stunning though. The new RDX was a huge step up so I’m excited to see how far they can go with the TLX.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Definitely a great looking car it would look wild in red also
This is still a concept though, and the leaked images from the infotainment screens we saw earlier makes me really think this won't look anything close to the concept once production parts and regs get on it. Remember the WRX concept they dropped before the current gen came out? That thing looked amazing and the production version looked...not amazing. Hopefully that doesn't happen here, but I'd prepare for a much different look in production.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Hope acura will launch an ILX type S. With the actual look and the 2.0 T detuned to 250hp, ill be in

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This is still a concept though, and the leaked images from the infotainment screens we saw earlier makes me really think this won't look anything close to the concept once production parts and regs get on it. Remember the WRX concept they dropped before the current gen came out? That thing looked amazing and the production version looked...not amazing. Hopefully that doesn't happen here, but I'd prepare for a much different look in production.
You’re correct a lot of concepts don’t look like the products and agree on the wrx but this concept of the Acura is pretty cool

Last edited:

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from an 02 TL Type-S, I loved that car. I loved it so much I went ahead and replaced the tranny a few years ago than selling it. Hopefully this one isn't plagued with transmission issues. Now my dad has my TL-S and he tells me its such a smooth ride.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I think the regular trims will have the 2.0t with the 10spd and the Type S will have the V6 turbo that they've mentioned a while back.
Sponsored