UOA 17’ Civic Type R 8k mile oil change interval

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Curious in how you drive... What rpm do you generally cruise at, how often do you engage VTEC, how often do you redline the car?

Just curious, as I'm sure similar driving habits will net similar results.

What oil were you using?

OP
OP

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Curious in how you drive... What rpm do you generally cruise at, how often do you engage VTEC, how often do you redline the car?

Just curious, as I'm sure similar driving habits will net similar results.

What oil were you using?
I don’t drive the car hard. The highest rpm I push it is at 4.5k to merge on the highway. Cruising rpm at 2.9k- 3.2 k rpm steady. City shifting from gear to gear around 2.9k-3.3k rpms. The oil and mileage is indicated on the report. I did this test for you guys so you can get a reference if you baby your car to driving it hard and track use.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That is impressive oil health! With that car and for that length of time and mileage.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Just did oil change, MM notification at 19xx miles and 8 months.

First oil change for the car.

Driven HARD. Buuuuut could drive even harder.

Honda Civic 10th gen UOA 17’ Civic Type R 8k mile oil change interval 48DCEC80-B78F-4EBD-978D-0D3C21322A63

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That seems super premature for an oil change. I did my first at 6k 4 months at 60% mm. I didn't reset the mm to see how it tracked. Now I'm at 11k 7.5 months and says 15%. I'll change it in 2 weeks at 12k 8 months. In short my mm says 12k 8 months and I'm changing it 6k 4 months. I submitted my Blackstone oil analysis to that member but he quit listing them over a year ago. Wish someone would take over that project because I'm interested in a larger sample size. He listed a couple dozen last year and quit. Blackstone said it was great and try 8k next time. Slightly thiner viscosity and only 2% oil fuel dilution. I drive it very hard on ethanol stage 2 tune and also long trips once a week.

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
That seems super premature for an oil change. I did my first at 6k 4 months at 60% mm. I didn't reset the mm to see how it tracked. Now I'm at 11k 7.5 months and says 15%. I'll change it in 2 weeks at 12k 8 months. In short my mm says 12k 8 months and I'm changing it 6k 4 months. I submitted my Blackstone oil analysis to that member but he quit listing them over a year ago. Wish someone would take over that project because I'm interested in a larger sample size. He listed a couple dozen last year and quit. Blackstone said it was great and try 8k next time. Slightly thiner viscosity and only 2% oil fuel dilution. I drive it very hard on ethanol stage 2 tune and also long trips once a week.
What can I say, since we don’t have the mm algorithm, can only guess. Nonetheless the mm said do it, I’m going to do it. Especially since I had some track days on that oil.

Glad to be rid of it, and put some good stuff in it.
Sponsored