JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Thing is with the global warming denial--tobacco companies used to sponsor studies that showed that there are no health effects from cigarette smoking.

I can respect policy decisions not to impose regulations on pollutions if their only argument is that it's not good for the bottom line--which is true for existing companies. It could also create demand for companies that create filtration technologies or greener alternatives to whatever industries are creating pollution. Politicians should not get in to the arena of science because they don't know jack shit. Fighting with science doesn't get us anywhere because we don't live in a technocracy. EPA, CDC, or any other research agencies don't make policy and they shouldn't. And politicians shoudn't argue with their findings--just incorporate into their policy decisions, plain and simple.
The thing about global warming is they quit riding that train and it's now called climate change.

When is the last time you heard about the ozone? Dupont created the ozone bs to sabotage their cfc and hfc freon their patent was running out on to create a ban so they could position themselves for the next patent. Freon is 4x heavier than air and does not deplete the ozone and never did. Hard to take the climate nazis seriously with such a track record....
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Sometimes I don't wanna shift.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
RED H isn't just for type R
You actually triggered me.

RED H IS ONLY FOR FKN TYPE R. I will fight anyone that says red H is okay on their base model, chrome grille, no tint, stock wheel, CVT, Halogen headlight sedan.

:mad:

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You actually triggered me.

RED H IS ONLY FOR FKN TYPE R. I will fight anyone that says red H is okay on their base model, chrome grille, no tint, stock wheel, CVT, Halogen headlight sedan.

:mad:
Honda Civic 10th gen Unpopular Opinions 1617595740444

Honda Civic 10th gen Unpopular Opinions 1617595769766

Honda Civic 10th gen Unpopular Opinions 1617595802671
Honda Civic 10th gen Unpopular Opinions 1617596014939

:stirthepot:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pandemic was a PLANDEMIC for the great reset/reboot...
Funny, I was very much against this and laughed when I first heard it especially cause I’m in healthcare and I’ve seen the viruses wreak havoc. That was months ago.

But now in Canada with everything going on, and where I am in Ontario, it’s becoming like a police state now. Vaccines aren’t being rolled out properly, this virus is running rampant, and yet they’re trying to control us big time here in Ontario…no outdoor gatherings period unless it’s with your household..and cops can pull you over for any reason to find out where you’re going, and if you refuse to comply, they’ll give you fines.

Really makes ya wonder :hmm:

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Funny, I was very much against this and laughed when I first heard it especially cause I’m in healthcare and I’ve seen the viruses wreak havoc. That was months ago.

But now in Canada with everything going on, and where I am in Ontario, it’s becoming like a police state now. Vaccines aren’t being rolled out properly, this virus is running rampant, and yet they’re trying to control us big time here in Ontario…no outdoor gatherings period unless it’s with your household..and cops can pull you over for any reason to find out where you’re going, and if you refuse to comply, they’ll give you fines.

Educate yourself a little. The police cannot fine you at random, the Toronto people stated just that. They even said what to do if you get pulled over and why they cannot randomly collect information.

You're blaming the wrong people. You're just spreading blind uneducated hate about the police force.

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Not into conspiracy theories, I don't think there's a smoke filled room somewhere with a bunch of guys in suits planning the future dystopia- but whenever you put leftists into a position of power, their default response to any crisis or thing that looks like a crisis is "give the government control over everything and increase the budget."

Coming ice age? Give the government control over everything. Ice caps are melting? Give the government control over everything. School shooting? Give the government control over everything. Economic downturn? Give the government control over everything.

Is it any wonder the states run by leftists have the most ridiculous governmental overreach when a virus shows up? I think Michigan had a rule where you could go on a lake if you had a sailboat, but to prevent the spread of the virus, you couldn't go on the same lake with a power boat. You could go to the hardware store and buy lumber, but to prevent the spread of the virus, they had to rope off the seed section so people wouldn't be able to plant gardens.

kevoco333

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7
Country flag

I thought this was odd so I did a google search about getting pulled over in Canada. I was surprised to read that you could be pulled over in Canada for not just any reason but for no reason at all. Police can pull you over and demand you take a breathalyzer or face the consequences. I found an article article that did mention that you could be pulled over and questioned why you are not at home and those that refuse to comply will receive the appropriate penalty. The article did mention that some departments wouldn't be pulling over people randomly just for being out but they could if they want to.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7765412/covid-19-ontario-temporary-police-powers-carding/

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Educate yourself a little. The police cannot fine you at random, the Toronto people stated just that. They even said what to do if you get pulled over and why they cannot randomly collect information.

You're blaming the wrong people. You're just spreading blind uneducated hate about the police force.
I was referring to the Ford government, not the cops themselves so I apologize if it came across that way. My hate is directed towards the incompetent government with how this whole situation has been handled.

I back the police 100% in most cases, and with these powers that the government have authorized, I back the police up even more now, because most are taking a stand against the ridiculous new powers.

That was my message. My original post was meant to question the government and not the police.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought this was odd so I did a google search about getting pulled over in Canada. I was surprised to read that you could be pulled over in Canada for not just any reason but for no reason at all. Police can pull you over and demand you take a breathalyzer or face the consequences. I found an article article that did mention that you could be pulled over and questioned why you are not at home and those that refuse to comply will receive the appropriate penalty. The article did mention that some departments wouldn't be pulling over people randomly just for being out but they could if they want to.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7765412/covid-19-ontario-temporary-police-powers-carding/
I have a feeling that most police jurisdictions won’t bother. Maybe some will allow it, but I’m thankful a lot of them have taken a stand.

As I said in my previous post though to Jwolf, my hate is not with the police but the government for thinking they can just whip up new rules like this and expect everybody to follow them. It only fuels fire for conspiracy theorists and puts out the wrong message. You have to draw a line somewhere:dunno:

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was referring to the Ford government, not the cops themselves so I apologize if it came across that way. My hate is directed towards the incompetent government with how this whole situation has been handled.

I back the police 100% in most cases, and with these powers that the government have authorized, I back the police up even more now, because most are taking a stand against the ridiculous new powers.

That was my message. My original post was meant to question the government and not the police.
We're on the same page then. ?

Ford Nation is real bad, and I can't believe as a province we let these monekys get into power, but I'll resist the temptation to spread hate to a party.
Sponsored