Unpopular Opinions

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
I don't know whose opinion is more unpopular, yours or mine.
Most people seem to think they're cool, judging from all the aftermarket kits seen on the mk7 GTI forum.

I'm a bit of a luddite.
do gti forum opinions count here? this may need to be an opinion debate on its own.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I've just seen them in rice cars before they made their way to fancy cars.

Also, the Audi ones I particularly don't like because they still have the traditional blinkers in addition to the sequential lights (US regulations demand that the initial light-up be a certain surface area)

I just think it's a superfluous detail that doesn't say much besides "look how expensive my tail lights are". Just my opinion.
AT the time they did look good or should I say looked different on the
67 to 69 mercury cougar but imo on today’s cars ? Nah

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I should leave my own unpopular opinion here too...

The R33 Skyline is cool and we should stop pretending it isn't just because it isnt the 32 or 34.
IDK if I'd say it was uncool. Definitely was a boat to drive though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unpopular Opinions 11981869_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
IDK if I'd say it was uncool. Definitely was a boat to drive though.
I appreciate the personal experience input. having never driven any gen skyline they're all cool to me. I guess this is why they say you should never meet your heros though...

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
It was still better than most american big cars haha. But after driving a 2.5RSTi....it was a boat haha. Then again we were driving the initial d roads and such a little fast haha

Eleon

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Doug DeMuro and Vehicle Virgins are the worst car reviewers ever? can’t stand either of them.

Doug is a goofy goober and Vehicle Virgins just comes off as a rich prick?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Doug DeMuro and Vehicle Virgins are the worst car reviewers ever? can’t stand either of them.

While I agree with your sentiments of Dougie DeMuro, Supercar Blondie is by far the absolute worst thing to ever happen to the automotive scene.

RallyeDubSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
1. Lip spoilers under 1" wide are dumb
2. Your headlights don't need to look any angrier
3. Leave the badges alone
4. Leave your rear reflectors alone
5. Custom plates with make and model of your car is retarded
6. Novelty puddle lights are dumb
7. Yellow covers on anything besides fog lights are dumb
8. Wheels more than 2" bigger than the minimum necessary to clear your brakes are stupid.
9. Sequential lights are rice (Mustang is the only exception)
10. Transmission choice is a personal decision and nobody should look down on another for preferring one or the other. Both are valid choices and have their own merits and drawbacks.
11. Stop bitching about power...just downshift and floor it.
12. Make peace with the fact that car companies are here to make money
13. Stop calling naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engines gutless. Of course they don't scoot unless you're in the right gear.
14. Useless aero is useless
15. Don't complain engine is too quiet from the factory. It can be easily fixed whereas it's much harder the other way around.
16. The "tombstone" style infotainment screen doesn't look that bad. Get over it.

Can't disagree with any of these!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

While I agree with your sentiments of Dougie DeMuro, Supercar Blondie is by far the absolute worst thing to ever happen to the automotive scene.

I actually used to really like Doug. Gaming the Carmax warranty with a Range Rover was awesome (except that he ruined it for everyone wanting sus reliability imports from them). His writing was entertaining. Then, he started making videos... :(

I have similar feelings about Bill Simmons, as long as I don't have to look at them or hear their grating voices, they are kinda funny at times

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Jim Carrey is a huge AHOLE!

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your newer car is really a daily driver and you aren't tracking it, there is a limit to how many mods you should really be doing. Eventually you are just ruining what made your car desirable and a good daily to begin with and bleeding money into the project. I mean more than a simple reflash, FBO stuff.

OP
OP
BrandonSmith

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
If your newer car is really a daily driver and you aren't tracking it, there is a limit to how many mods you should really be doing. Eventually you are just ruining what made your car desirable and a good daily to begin with and bleeding money into the project. I mean more than a simple reflash, FBO stuff.
It's a sad day if this is an unpopular opinion.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's a sad day if this is an unpopular opinion.
Maybe not as common but seems like there's always a few threads going about how to turbo a K20C2 or now to swap in the HPD Type R motor and ECU. If it's your project toy, that's one thing because you can take your time to get it right. But if that's just a point A to point B vehicle, take it easy.

Yeah you can hear about a K swapped 90s Civic and see cool clips of the finished project on YouTube, but it makes more sense to do that because you're getting the car for cheap, getting the parts for cheap, and then you don't care about gutting it and fabricating new mounts and drilling into places because its old and your investment floor is low. On your 20k+ 10th Gen, not so much.
Sponsored