JoeJude

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic lx
Country flag
what's the general consensus on here about unpaved roads? I'm not talking about four wheel drive stuff, but unpaved not gravel roads. probably a dumb question cuz I know these cars ride pretty damn low but I'm just wondering if anyone has done it

2020 civic lx
Sponsored

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
There's a hiking trailhead that's like about 12 miles in from the main road. I go through it 5-6 times a year. Some sections are rocky, some have gigantic potholes that you have to cross diagonally, but most of the time just bumpy washboard. And what I've found is that going faster is less bumpy but slower.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I live on a dirt road. It gets pretty bumpy. The town re-dirts it like 3 times a year.

No suspension issues yet. 70k on the original suspension.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have driven my coupe on unpaved roads plenty of times.

I would not drive my hatchback sport touring. I destroyed my eBay lip on the coupe but it was only like a $70 lip and I had it for over a year already. If I didn’t have the lip, I would have been fine. It’s all about going slow and making sure you are not hitting giant holes. The sport touring has a factory body kit, so it’s a no go. both my cars are stock height and not lowered. But the body kit makes it low...

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Problem with driving on unpaved roads is some small rocks and stuff get kicked on the body of the car especially on like the bottom of the side skirts and stuff... will get lots of rock pitting over time.

And if you're following someone then you have to care about your front end getting the same treatment...same for driving in winter conditions on roads and highways where they use salts and sands.

Also the fact that the car isn't equipped with a manual handbrake makes it (for me at least) unsafe to push on slippery or unpaved roads...you need to be able to swing the car sideways sometimes to correct a wrong entry, i don't understand how even the type r is not able to lock the rear wheels like the old civics did. To me this is VERY limiting the drive ability.

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I have driven on unpaved road, couple time when i visited my go to outdoor gun range and once at Bombay Beach (GTA V attraction). Funny story, my tire light came on right after i went back on paved road after leaving Bombay beach, i thought i messed up my tires

Last edited:
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
If you are not lowered with a bunch of aero and the road isn’t too bad, send it! If you are lowered with a bunch of aero take the truck (or find a friend with a truck). Man I miss my WRX.

ShanMan14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I've taken my ST on a gravel road many times and other than rocks in the rocker panels, no issues with clearance.
Sponsored