Unofficial ownership survey

What is the condition of your Civic (for ownership >2 years and/or >20,000 miles)

• Flawless

• Minor issues: Rattles, occiasional system glitches, small cosmetic defects, etc.

• Major issues: Severe and measured oil dilution, AC repair/replacement, rust, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
For those who have owned your Civic for >2 years and/or >20,000 miles, what is its condition?

Flawless: self-explanatory
Minor issues: Things like rattles, occasional glitches in infotainment system, and minor cosmetic defects, etc.
Major issues: Severe and measured oil dilution, AC repair/replacement, transmission replacement, or head unit replacement, etc.

I know it's not the best sample size, but I'm curious about everyone's ownership experience nonetheless.

Bonus question: Those who experienced minor/major issues, have they been resolved?
Sponsored

OP
OP
IDriveACivic

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I find that rattles and squeaks eventually go away, or they just move to a different spot in the cabin :(

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just over 3 yrs. 75,000 + 2016 EXT minor rattles, still runs flawlessly.

nurvcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO CVT 4DR // 2001 IS300 2JZ 3.0L // 2000 F250 CCSB 7.3L
Country flag
My 2017 touring sedan just hit 40k

Only real issues I had is wind noise on driver side doors and sub rattle. other than that it been good

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
2016 LX-P, 13K miles, less than a month ownership and runs smooth.

Slight A-pillar rattle but fixed it. Very minor dings/scratches on car. I did notice on the underside of the front bumper and the corners of the front lower grille. It seems the factory didn't do a good paint job, there some slight over-spray and paint run. For a base model I guess quality control was a bit overlooked, doesn't bother me much can't really tell unless you look under or look at the corners of the front lower grille. Nonetheless, everything is a thumbs up!
Sponsored