ertena

First Name
Alphan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 1.5 T Sport Plus
Country flag
In the instructions I mentioned it tells you to plug it in without the vehicle connected and what message to expect if it's unlocked. It also mentioned in the success message what color of LED to expect. Both of these options can be used to verify.
Did those already and seems just fine. Thanks.
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Cost is $200 to unlock. Not cheap.
Less than half the cost of new. Still worth it as long as a used unit costs less than $200 IMHO.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Less than half the cost of new. Still worth it as long as a used unit costs less than $200 IMHO.
Do not buy a used locked unit. You would not be the original owner.

Bru87tr

seeing as used units (unlocked, who would buy a locked unit ?) sell for$250-300 how is it worth the trouble ? I send it back, purchase a license, sell it, ship it all to make $50-100 ? Not worth the effort and time.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
seeing as used units (unlocked, who would buy a locked unit ?) sell for$250-300 how is it worth the trouble ? I send it back, purchase a license, sell it, ship it all to make $50-100 ? Not worth the effort and time.
In the owners position, they forgot to unmarry and sold the car. They now have a locked unit. They already paid for it. Unit is small, stick it in a drawer. Wait until someone can use it. Pay the $200 license fee to make it a useful unit, gift it to a family member or sell it to someone.

Bru87tr

And, your telling me things I don’t already know or trying to do ?

Bru87tr

You do know used units sell between $250-300 right ? There are multiple units in the classifieds at $300 unsold. After shipping and $200 cost of a license why would anyone go through the trouble ?

Used units don’t sell for less than $200. Anyone ever tell you your annoying ?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm aware of the used pricing. Rather than waste the hardware, toss $200 to ktuner and make the unit usable again. Sell the unit for $200 plus shipping and call it a wash. "The trouble" of looking up an email receipt and contacting ktuner is worth it.

I'm a father of 3, being annoying is a requirement.
Sponsored