Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wanted to start documenting my progress since I plan on finally modifying my car after 10 months of ownership. I probably won't do much more for power past Ktuner and a CAI as I do have the CVT and would rather play it as safe as possible since this is a daily.

Finished:
- intake resonator delete (temporary, next up is a CAI)

Planned:
>Performance
- K&N Filter
- 27Won CAI
- Stiffer rear motor mount (probably 27won 70a)
- Ktuner v1.2 (probably from Phearable just for the extra tune)
- Rear sway bar
- Lowering springs (not decided on which yet)
- Custom exhaust reroute
- 18x8.5 +35 Kansei KNP
- 235/40r18 Indy 500s

>Aesthetics
- Knockoff/Replica J's Style Racing Grill (if the fitment sucks then oh well they're only like $100)
- Cleared Tailights
- Hatchback Sport rear diffuser
- Vinyl window chrome delete
- Fender reflector lights

- Caruse Design aero flap (or something similar)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ktuner v1.2 w/ Phearable 1.5 installed!

Had a few hiccups and confusion with the car flashing back to stock and throwing every single code, but other than that it has totally changed the car.

Not gonna repeat what every other ktuned/phearable 1.5 owner has said, but I let my parents drive it (who daily a 392 Daytona Charger/Durango RT (haha boats)) and they really enjoyed it. Probably the most effective mod I'll ever do to my car, totally worth it (especially since it was about $12.5 : 1 hp)

The next mods will likely be aesthetic, thinking about getting a cheap lip, maybe the sport side skirts too, and a chrome delete kit/window covers. The next performance mods will definitely be CAI and now that I have the extra power, possibly a more stiff rear motor mount to better drive power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally, some progress! Both of these were installed back just after Christmas, I just never got around to posting them. They're just a set of carrera style side markers off of either amazon or ebay. Super easy install, I didn't even need a video or any instructions. Just a few screws holding in the fender liner and pushing in a tab to unclip the marker was all it took. Not a major change, but definitely looks way better not having the ugly orange.
Honda Civic 10th gen UnknownNate's '17 CVT Hatch CivicTire

Also wrapped my own window trim, getting rid of the only chrome on the car. It looked so out of place before, and I know that once I get a set of wheels on it'll really bring the whole car together. I did the whole thing without using heat, which looking back I probably should've done, but the vinyl I used said nothing about heat and I was unsure as to whether it would've worked after heating it. Either way, there are barely any noticeable air bubbles or wrinkles, and only a few places where my cuts were a little off. Nobody I've asked has noticed them without me pointing them out, so that's a definite win in my book.
Honda Civic 10th gen UnknownNate's '17 CVT Hatch CivicVinyl

My plan has definitely changed a bit, and I'm currently looking at getting some coil overs and wheels before dong anything else. After that, likely a CAI and custom exhaust (unless I can find a reputable one for my model).

OP
OP
UnknownNate

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wheels FINALLY on. Had these sitting in my garage for almost 6 months, got tires really recently. Waited at my local Honda dealership (had a coupon) for 6 hours....but they're finally on. Currently missing hub rings, but on the drive home I had absolutely no wobble at all and the rings are already ordered.
Specs are:
18x8.5 +35 Kansei KNP Gunmetal Gray
235/40/18 Kumho Ecsta PS31
I have no wheelspin anymore lol, made sure to test that thoroughly ;) (before it was causing surging issues where it would cut power, give power, lose traction, repeating over and over).
Road noise is quieter, steering feel is definitely lighter and feels more direct, overall just a huge change to how the car drives.

Honda Civic 10th gen UnknownNate's '17 CVT Hatch PXL_20230610_211823599

Honda Civic 10th gen UnknownNate's '17 CVT Hatch PXL_20230610_211811611