Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Here it is, our CTR wrapped in KPMF Green Black Iridescent! I always wanted a Forest Green / British Racing Green look, and since it didn't come from the factory we decided to turn it into one!

The color shift was intended, but it came out even better than expected! You'll see a really vibrant emerald green under direct light, BRG when it's gloomy, dark teal from certain angles, and even Black! Overall really loving the change, CBP served as a good base for the change.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3820.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3822.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3827.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3829.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3824.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3842.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3847.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3849.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3857.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3856.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3853.JPG

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of "while we are in there upgrades" when the CTR was apart was the 27won Intercooler w/Red Boost Tubes. Not many folks are running this in Canada yet so we wanted to get our hands on one, and see it for ourselves.

Really impressed with the packaging, design, build quality, and fitment of the kit. The brackets welded on to the core to direct the air through rather than letting it escape from the sides. With the bumper off already, it was a 35-minute job to get this on. It's been about two weeks since the install, and with street driving and mild spirited runs in now Fall weather below 20C/68F it's hard to fully reap the cooling benefits from an aftermarket IC, but we're hoping to squeeze in a track day asap to compare temps. Will perform an oil change as well before pushing the car to see if there's a noticeable gain in power. Our CTR is un-tuned, 27won's claim is that a stock tune Type R will see gains of up to 10whp.

More info here: https://store.27won.com/27won-civic-type-r-front-mount-intercooler-upgrade-fk8.html

With the 1.5T/Si platform, we had to get aftermarket high flow grilles to allow more air to pass through to the radiator once we added an aftermarket FMIC, as thicker FMIC cores help keep IAT's down but ECT's as a result shoot up. I had the choice to switch to a different grille, but being a 2020 we decided to keep the larger factory grille in place until we need to switch out.

Once we push the car, and see if ECT is reaching 230f+ too quickly, that'll have us going down the route of getting more cooling parts. Guys on the forum have already done a great job on documenting what parts will help you keep your CTR cool on track days, we're building up to it :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3663.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3666.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3670.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3672.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3691.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3692.JPG

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Here it is, our CTR wrapped in KPMF Green Black Iridescent! I always wanted a Forest Green / British Racing Green look, and since it didn't come from the factory we decided to turn it into one!

The color shift was intended, but it came out even better than expected! You'll see a really vibrant emerald green under direct light, BRG when it's gloomy, dark teal from certain angles, and even Black! Overall really loving the change, CBP served as a good base for the change.

DSC_3820.JPG
DSC_3822.JPG
DSC_3827.JPG
DSC_3829.JPG

DSC_3824.JPG

DSC_3842.JPG

DSC_3847.JPG

DSC_3849.JPG

DSC_3857.JPG

DSC_3856.JPG

DSC_3853.JPG
This color is NICE!!!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This color is NICE!!!
Thanks! Always wanted to have something similar to British Racing Green, and the Black base lended itself perfectly :)

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Thanks! Always wanted to have something similar to British Racing Green, and the Black base lended itself perfectly :)
Do you have any pics of the car with that color minus the yellow film on the headlights?? Curious to see how it looked.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have any pics of the car with that color minus the yellow film on the headlights?? Curious to see how it looked.
Not yet, we may remove them to draw less attention to the car perhaps. If so, then I'll have pictures to share :)

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DSC_3820.JPG
DSC_3822.JPG
DSC_3827.JPG
DSC_3829.JPG

DSC_3824.JPG

DSC_3842.JPG

DSC_3847.JPG

DSC_3849.JPG

DSC_3857.JPG

DSC_3856.JPG

DSC_3853.JPG
Daaaang!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Complete @RV6 suspension package awaiting install, along with Spoon Rigid Collars (not pictured). This may seem overkill, but we've already tested the full Whiteline catalog on our daily driver Si builds on street and track for over a year now with great results. The goal with the CTR was to take it a level up as RV6 components are truly race-ready products which can be found on HPD's TC spec FK8's. Daily driving won't be a concern as the CTR will be stored soon for winter, and next year it'll be used only for testing parts, tracking, and going to the local meets & events. I believe @Lust is dailying his FK8 with these components, and @TheShadow shared awesome install guides earlier as well as dailying his R. How do you guys like everything so far?

My idea was to just add these components for the 2021 season, retain factory springs and dampers, and see how she do. Although it has been tempting to throw on a set of Springs while everything is apart for the RV6 stuff...

Stepping up to Coilovers at this point feels unnecessary for our build just yet as I wasn't able to get the track seat time as I was hoping for this year.

Thoughts?

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3802.JPG

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Good stuff, that IC looks like one hell of a unit in terms of thickness, but surprised to learn its only 3.7 inches thick!

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good stuff, that IC looks like one hell of a unit in terms of thickness, but surprised to learn its only 3.7 inches thick!
The first picture I shared with the IC is definitely deceiving, I must've been using a wide angle mode that made it seem so thick.

It's a large IC no doubt, and on the street yet I can't say I've felt any drawbacks to it.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Paragon 2-piece Slotted Front Rotors w/Hard Anodized Hats, Paragon R5 Pads, and Titanium Pad Shims installed, thanks @Thusee! Our 2020 Rotors have less than 5k kms of street use on them with StopTech Sport Pads, so it's not a matter of replacing worn brakes, just showcasing our offerings :)

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r?pf_v_vendor=Paragon Performance

First up, weight difference. OEM 2020+ Rotors are 1.6lbs heavier, that's not a lot so kudos to Honda, but every pound of unsprung weight lost is a win :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3885.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3884.JPG

34 cooling vanes in the OEM Rotors vs. 48 cooling vanes in the Paragon Rotors
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3908.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3909.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3906.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3905.JPG

Paragon R5 Pads, Titanium Pad Shims
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3891.JPG

Some shots before the bed-in drive
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3888.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3897.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3892.JPG

Bed-in process:
8-10 Light Stops from 30mph, cool down for a minute between each run. 8-10 hard stops from 65mph to 15mph without activating ABS, cool down for a minute between each run. Drive for 10-15 minutes on the highway without stopping.

Post bed-in
Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_3912.JPG

Impressions: strong initial bite, and very easy to modulate brake pedal. Running OEM Brake Lines and Fluid at the moment, performance will only improve once Goodridge SS Brake Lines, and switching to Motul RBF660 from currently OEM fluid.

No pad squeal at all this far! Can't wait to try this setup on track this month :)

All Paragon Brake upgrades are in stock, ready to go: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r?pf_v_vendor=Paragon Performance

Last edited:
OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not too many updates, but this single one should be helpful for all FK8 guys running an AWE Exhaust :)

We just added the DualPhase Mid Pipe section to ours, and this made the exhaust perfect for me! Summer and track season is done, I'm busy as ever and just putting commuting miles on the car so I wanted it to be a little quieter as the standard Touring has some some drone between 2.6-3.2k.

100 miles with the DualPhase Mid Pipe section has me convinced that for anyone with all an aftermarket DP, long commutes, passengers, or just looking for an aftermarket exhaust with absolutely zero drone you have to opt for this variant of the AWE Exhaust. I've traded in the bark of the standard Touring for a smoother tone, and perfect volume!

The standard Touring on the Si is great as-is because of the separation between the trunk and the passenger compartment, the Hatch really benefits from this addition. We're still on a stock downpipe btw, a Catted one will see it's way on the car next year. The second resonator is substantially better than layering the trunk with sound deadening material. Here are some pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_4103.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread DSC_4104.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Unity Performance's Street & Track FK8 Build Thread IMG_20211203_180636_975

If anyone would like an AWE Exhaust, or wants to upgrade their Touring with the DualPhase Mid Pipe we're an authorized dealer :)

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r?pf_v_vendor=AWE Tuning

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not too many updates, but this single one should be helpful for all FK8 guys running an AWE Exhaust :)

We just added the DualPhase Mid Pipe section to ours, and this made the exhaust perfect for me! Summer and track season is done, I'm busy as ever and just putting commuting miles on the car so I wanted it to be a little quieter as the standard Touring has some some drone between 2.6-3.2k.

100 miles with the DualPhase Mid Pipe section has me convinced that for anyone with all an aftermarket DP, long commutes, passengers, or just looking for an aftermarket exhaust with absolutely zero drone you have to opt for this variant of the AWE Exhaust. I've traded in the bark of the standard Touring for a smoother tone, and perfect volume!

The standard Touring on the Si is great as-is because of the separation between the trunk and the passenger compartment, the Hatch really benefits from this addition. We're still on a stock downpipe btw, a Catted one will see it's way on the car next year. The second resonator is substantially better than layering the trunk with sound deadening material. Here are some pictures:

DSC_4103.JPG

DSC_4104.JPG

IMG_20211203_180636_975.jpg

If anyone would like an AWE Exhaust, or wants to upgrade their Touring with the DualPhase Mid Pipe we're an authorized dealer :)

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r?pf_v_vendor=AWE Tuning
Great info on new midpipe, thanks.

I’m running Track version now (orig Touring but too subtle for me). Have FBO, Phear’2, PRL catted and tried to talk AWE into sending me a new type MP but no joy. Just curious what it might do. I don’t have greatest hearing after 20+ years around aircraft but the Track has a wider rpm band drone but more tolerable to me as it has soft edges vs Touring that's ‘peaky’. The Track’s extra clear burbles and blasts are worth it for those wanting car with matching aggressive looks and sound. With this new MP it could be halfway point between existing MP (catted/uncatted) and reg Touring, I prolly won’t find out.

OP
OP
Unity Performance

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great info on new midpipe, thanks.

I’m running Track version now (orig Touring but too subtle for me). Have FBO, Phear’2, PRL catted and tried to talk AWE into sending me a new type MP but no joy. Just curious what it might do. I don’t have greatest hearing after 20+ years around aircraft but the Track has a wider rpm band drone but more tolerable to me as it has soft edges vs Touring that's ‘peaky’. The Track’s extra clear burbles and blasts are worth it for those wanting car with matching aggressive looks and sound. With this new MP it could be halfway point between existing MP (catted/uncatted) and reg Touring, I prolly won’t find out.
I have wondered how they Track would sound with the DualPhase Mid Pipe, but haven't attempted it myself. I do have another exhaust lined up for next year, and Matt just take the Touring section off, and run the car around the area for a few kms to get an idea of how that sounds.

I see what you mean by Track having wider rpm band for drone, and Touring just at certain RPM's. Aftermarket DP + Track even in the Si, let alone Type R would overwhelm me so I guess my hearing isn't too bad yet. If you wanted to get a DualPhase Mid Pipe, I can get you one
Sponsored