Unique Style Racing full LED Type-R/Touring Style Headlights made by DEPO!!! (coupon code inside)

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Happy to hear Depo made these. They are a quality brand and on their replica lights are basically equal to the OEM.

However I have to say I am not too impressed with those photos of the light output. Its a tough call on if it is worth it to me.
Sponsored

MannyP

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
im curious to know how these lights are holding up? is there any condensation or humidity building up?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
They are a quality brand and on their replica lights are basically equal to the OEM.
Ehh no. OEM build quality is noticeably better going by the retrofits I have done on other vehicles. I will take Depo over pretty much any other aftermarket light though.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Ehh no. OEM build quality is noticeably better going by the retrofits I have done on other vehicles. I will take Depo over pretty much any other aftermarket light though.
Depo OEM replacement lights are 99% identical to factory lights in most cases (only the aftermarket ricer crap is inferior). Most are CAPA certified and used by body shops and insurance companies throughout the world. Would I rather have original Hondas? Of course, but depo is a quality brand.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Depo OEM replacement lights are 99% identical to factory lights in most cases (only the aftermarket ricer crap is inferior). Most are CAPA certified and used by body shops and insurance companies throughout the world. Would I rather have original Hondas? Of course, but depo is a quality brand.
Actually, they are only about 56% identical to oem. How did I get that number? I made it up because there is no real way to confirm the percentage of the identicals the depot brand headlights share with the OEM headlights. I can tell you that the price is quite lower which usually equals lower quality. As top tier on the aftermarket Depot is, it is still aftermarket. I bought depot headlights for my EK a couple of years back and the clear coat is stripping.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Actually, they are only about 56% identical to oem. How did I get that number? I made it up because there is no real way to confirm the percentage of the identicals the depot brand headlights share with the OEM headlights. I can tell you that the price is quite lower which usually equals lower quality. As top tier on the aftermarket Depot is, it is still aftermarket. I bought depot headlights for my EK a couple of years back and the clear coat is stripping.
It's called reverse engineering. They do it on a mass scale and they do it better than other companies. They also have to pass certification process not only for Dot/Nhtsa but also to obtain certification to be used as aftermarket parts. But, if you want oem there's nothing stopping you. But expect spending two or three times as much.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
It's called reverse engineering. They do it on a mass scale and they do it better than other companies. They also have to pass certification process not only for Dot/Nhtsa but also to obtain certification to be used as aftermarket parts. But, if you want oem there's nothing stopping you. But expect spending two or three times as much.
My point is there is no act1ual way for anyone to confirm the percentage of the similarities between one headlight to another. People have already stared that depot is king of aftermarket so no to defend Depot. It is just a fact that the aftermarket headlights will not be on par with oem quality wise.

Axntai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic hatchback ex
I just purchased the depo typr r headlight on ebay but the highbeam isnt working. Anyone kno why?

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hope you got it working. That’s a bummer.

Deleted member 21040

I just purchased the depo typr r headlight on ebay but the highbeam isnt working. Anyone kno why?
Check for loose connections inside of the unit. You may have also gotten a dud; someone selling them because they were DOA or the seller has been trying to dump these off on someone who will keep them and not return them.

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
I'd rather pay $500 for these than $1,000+ for OEM... also, installation shouldn't cost anything providing you are able to take your own bumper off which shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to remove. Everything is plug and play. IMO if you like the OEM touring/type r look then i say it's definitely worth it at half the cost of brand new OEM ones.
Will the oem from the sport or type r fit the civic Si and will it be plug and play?
Sponsored