som1uno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Touring
Country flag
I deleted the installed Apps, the display locked up. After leaving the vehicle overnight, on Startup the display ask I wanted to restore and everything started working as before.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT NOBODY BOTHER WITH THE HONDA HACK. The "Browser" feature is not worth the effort as it's TOO SLOW and if you have a smart phone, that's all you need on the road. $25 wasted, lesson learned !
My main reason to install Honda Hack was to automatically bypass the "OK" screen button on statup, but that only last about 3 seconds so it's not really a big deal.

Focuspic

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turing
Country flag
How did you proceed to uninstall the Honda hack please? I'd like to do it myself.
Thanks in advance.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
It's sounding like jailbreaking the factory headunit isn't worth the risk. Many of the controls are integrated with the headunit, so if something goes wrong and the dealership finds out the unit has been jailbroken, the work won't be covered under warranty. I can confirm the dealer will ask the customer if the unit has been jailbroken, and I'm sure they'll verify it themselves.

Skiboarder119

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic SI 2018 MX-5
Country flag
I second this. I hacked mine with the intent to do 3 or 4 things. None of them panned out. Even just the auto clicking the OK butting, I swear it takes longer now to get past that screen than just waiting for it to time out.

Definitely a waste of $25. Way more problems, laggy ness, and bugs than its worth.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda Hack can be removed by doing a factory reset on your headunit. This is the simplest and safest way to remove it. I've found it useful though. I've added GPS programs and custom startup animations with no issues. Remapping the steering wheel buttons is cool too. You definitely don't want to browse the internet with it. Also, I've been to the dealer multiple times for standard service including software updates (with my current and previous 2019 model) and they've never mentioned it.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I second this. I hacked mine with the intent to do 3 or 4 things. None of them panned out. Even just the auto clicking the OK butting, I swear it takes longer now to get past that screen than just waiting for it to time out.

Definitely a waste of $25. Way more problems, laggy ness, and bugs than its worth.
That’s odd, I don’t even see the warning dialog if hondahack auto clicks the OK button.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Yeah just factory resetting the radio in the settings worked for me. There should be no trace of Honda hack ever being there.

BobinSavannah

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
I know Im late to the party but I have to agree, Honda Hack is Wack. Less than a week installed with zero apps and today the head unit wasn't turning on..I had to turn the car off and re start for it to turn back on. grr.. I even got errors from Sirius Radio about checking the "tuner." I just spent a mint at Best buy to get hooked up and I was having nothing short of a a meltdown this afternoon. lol

I remembered installing Honda Hack the night I ordered the Ktuner and so I searched this forum and guess what? Yep. Honda Hack was my issue. I reformatted the head unit back to factory and I haven't had the problem since. humph.

I consider that $25 wasted. o well.. Could have bee worse. I thought it was.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know Im late to the party but I have to agree, Honda Hack is Wack. Less than a week installed with zero apps and today the head unit wasn't turning on..I had to turn the car off and re start for it to turn back on. grr.. I even got errors from Sirius Radio about checking the "tuner." I just spent a mint at Best buy to get hooked up and I was having nothing short of a a meltdown this afternoon. lol

I remembered installing Honda Hack the night I ordered the Ktuner and so I searched this forum and guess what? Yep. Honda Hack was my issue. I reformatted the head unit back to factory and I haven't had the problem since. humph.

I consider that $25 wasted. o well.. Could have bee worse. I thought it was.
Y'all are so weird lol...that was the best 25 bucks I've ever spent...first off it allows me to have tunerview which I use everyday, then it auto checks off the annoying warning on startup, it allowed me to install Viper4Android EQ which completely transformed the shitty stock sound system to something that's actually decent. Also having the CPU usage and the battery voltage info in the top right corner is super useful. I've never had any performance issues with Honda hack it works as intended. So many useful features

BobinSavannah

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Y'all are so weird lol...that was the best 25 bucks I've ever spent...first off it allows me to have tunerview which I use everyday, then it auto checks off the annoying warning on startup, it allowed me to install Viper4Android EQ which completely transformed the shitty stock sound system to something that's actually decent. Also having the CPU usage and the battery voltage info in the top right corner is super useful. I've never had any performance issues with Honda hack it works as intended. So many useful features
Whats weird is your comment to me. I was stating my situation with the hack. Happy for you that you don't have the issues but that offers ZERO help here.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No it's not weird it's because you and like 4 other people are saying the same exact thing how you don't like Honda hack and it was a waste of 25 bucks lmao...you just didn't know how to utilize it correctly

EarthDreams414

First Name
⛄️
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I agree with it being a waste of money because the bullshit doesnt work right. I got it to undo the seatbelt warning chine because my fat dog sits in the front seat and she triggers it, cant put a seatbelt on her or shell be trying to wiggle out of it….. so yes its useless
Sponsored