Uniden R7 hardwire solution? (2019 CTR)

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
Pretty sure that wire cover is supposed to be used with the gentex mirror. It’s pointless to have one without that kind of mirror because like you discovered it has nothing to clip into.

For tinted windshield look up blendmount on amazon. I have a tint on my windshield and use one to mount my dashcam to the mirror stem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
which wire cover did you buy? can you link it?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to the thread. I didn’t even see the email notification. I’ll post the picture of the link. They go in and out of stock.

Pretty sure that wire cover is supposed to be used with the gentex mirror. It’s pointless to have one without that kind of mirror because like you discovered it has nothing to clip into.

For tinted windshield look up blendmount on amazon. I have a tint on my windshield and use one to mount my dashcam to the mirror stem.
Thats probably why this doesn’t fit well. I clicked a link from the original YouTube video I watched, to order it. And I don’t remember the guy on the YouTube video, having a Gentex mirror. But it definitely makes sense.

I have my Uniden R7 mounted with the Blendmount listed for the FK8.

Honda Civic 10th gen Uniden R7 hardwire solution? (2019 CTR) CFD4147C-7CEA-400F-99A1-66AED8FD212E

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
I'm running the same setup with the r3 and exposed wire. Try to look at it like it earns its keep tacky or not lol :) Way better than having the stock wire hanging down for sure. Let us know what you come up with though I'm always up for new ideas.

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm running the same setup with the r3 and exposed wire. Try to look at it like it earns its keep tacky or not lol :) Way better than having the stock wire hanging down for sure. Let us know what you come up with though I'm always up for new ideas.
I may try some clear silicone caulk. Something that will stick, but also peel right off.

L-Dragon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R #32686
Country flag
I have my Uniden R3 mounted above my rearview mirror.
I have the wires routed from above, pushed it into the headliner a bit.
Then it routes down through the A pillar down to the fuses.
I just pushed out one of the empty button slots and fit the mute button there.

I could take a pic next time I go out to my car, but it's a bit cold and snowy today.

OP
OP
fk-eight

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have my Uniden R3 mounted above my rearview mirror.
I have the wires routed from above, pushed it into the headliner a bit.
Then it routes down through the A pillar down to the fuses.
I just pushed out one of the empty button slots and fit the mute button there.

I could take a pic next time I go out to my car, but it's a bit cold and snowy today.
All I’m trying to figure out, is, what solution are people using from the headliner down to the blendmount? I’m only worried about that 4 inches. Mine is just sloppy. What are people using for a wire cover. If you have a 2020 or newer, or a car that had LKAS, you have something to fill that gap.

L-Dragon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R #32686
Country flag
All I’m trying to figure out, is, what solution are people using from the headliner down to the blendmount? I’m only worried about that 4 inches. Mine is just sloppy. What are people using for a wire cover. If you have a 2020 or newer, or a car that had LKAS, you have something to fill that gap.
Oh, I don't use a blendmount, so I don't know how I can help.
I have my radar detector way up top above the rearview mirror, not below it.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
I just leave the wires out with no cover. Not elegant but it doesn’t bother me too much.