First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
temporary, but I do want to build a bracket now to push the radar forward a bit just enough so the red light can still shine down. I enjoy it now being off the windshield as it is invisible from the outside of the car thanks to my vinyl banner.
I really like the blend mount for the mirror, you can also add a dashcam mount off the blend mount elbow too.
Sponsored

SI(ck)Civic

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic si
Country flag
I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
These are mute/dim buttons for a radar detector. usually you need to hit a button on the detector, but hardwiring a button other places is much more convenient. I added my button to the center console, just right of the stick so I don't have to let go of the stick to mute the radar detector alerts.
This makes a lot more sense! So the big screen on the right is completely unrelated then. Where did you mount the radar detector, and does the mute/Dom turn off the lights in case you get pulled over anyway?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I made some changes to my setup. Went from the single suction cup Uniden mount with mirror tap to a powered magnetic mount that I designed (I extended the design of the magnetic mount from the Radenso DS1).

And after I ran the hardwire to the fusebox I finally implemented the idea I've had for a while to use a built in button on the steering wheel as the mute button (MCP2515 CAN bus decoder and Arduino Nano to detect the button press and signal the detector to mute):

Sponsored