Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ?

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
That sucks. At least it's enough damage to warrant using insurance.

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Left my car parked with no cars around it for 10 mins. Came back to find it swiped. Some idiot who did not know how to drive and couldn’t park...

DCA4DF82-7EC1-416D-845B-D18FDC4C7C4A.jpeg
That sucks. I hope you can get it fixed soon! Nice paint color btw

OP
OP
dj2819

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will be dropping it off at the body shop next week and it'll covered by insurance. Sucks that I couldn't get plates of who did it from cameras nearby.

Estimated repair:
  • New fender
  • Sand and paint bumper cover
  • New side marker
  • The black trim around the fog light
Sucks that they said they might have to blend the door and hood paint on such a new car...

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had not even made my second payment on my first brand new car, this 2019 civic sport touring, when my mom backed into it doing like 15mph down the driveway while visiting family. Had to replace both door panels and some other bits. 'Bout $5k worth of damage. I feel your pain man it is complete garbage to have a new car like that scraped up pretty good :banghead:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Left my car parked with no cars around it for 10 mins. Came back to find it swiped. Some idiot who did not know how to drive and couldn’t park...

Believe me I know how that sucks when I had my 2004 Tiburon after having it for six months I had parked in a Kmart parking lot furthest spot when I came out of the store I saw a large crease from the door quarter panel and the driver side taillight was busted there were no cameras in the parking lot it was 6 k worth of damage some people are inconsiderate assholes I’m sorry that happened

magshell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST
Country flag
Will be dropping it off at the body shop next week and it'll covered by insurance.
I wonder how much your insurance rates will go up after this. Looks like around +35% in NY?

RobSamRei87

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Sometimes no matter what you do, these things are unavoidable.
I do have a dashcam (Viofo A129 Duo) installed.

My two examples of minding my own business and got damage to my car:
(1) 2 weeks after I bought my 2019 Honda Civic sedan EX-T in April, I had to put a claim in. We had a bad hail storm up here (which is unusual for this area); I ended up with $3,800.00 in hail damage, and took two weeks to repair.
(2) Then in October a deer tried to jump over my car...it didn't make it. The deer ended up costing $7,000.00 in damage to my car: repair front bumper, new headlight, new side-marker, new fender, 2 new (front and rear driver side) door shells, new hood, repair quarter panel, repair rear bumper, new radiator support (this cracked where the fender, headlight and hood all meet underneath), new inner fender lining (and various clips needed for these assemblies), plus paint entire driver side + blending. You can't see all the damage in the photos I initially took, a lot was revealed with the supplemental estimate, not the initial estimate. The shop took a few photos too while they were doing the tear-down to estimate all the damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC005

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC006

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC007

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC009

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC012

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC010

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? HC011

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

(1) 2 weeks after I bought my 2019 Honda Civic sedan EX-T in April, I had to put a claim in. We had a bad hail storm up here (which is unusual for this area); I ended up with $3,800.00 in hail damage, and took two weeks to repair.
(2) Then in October a deer tried to jump over my car...it didn't make it. The deer ended up costing $7,000.00 in damage to my car: repair front bumper, new headlight, new side-marker, new fender, 2 new (front and rear driver side) door shells, new hood, repair quarter panel, repair rear bumper, new radiator support (this cracked where the fender, headlight and hood all meet underneath), new inner fender lining (and various clips needed for these assemblies), plus paint entire driver side + blending. You can't see all the damage in the photos I initially took, a lot was revealed with the supplemental estimate, not the initial estimate. The shop took a few photos too while they were doing the tear-down to estimate all the damage.

HC005.jpg

HC006.jpg

HC007.jpg

HC009.jpg

HC012.jpg

HC010.jpg

HC011.jpg
Completely unrelated to your post, but I did not know they made EX-T models after 2018. I thought that 2019 only had lx, sport, ex, exl and touring trims.

RobSamRei87

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Completely unrelated to your post, but I did not know they made EX-T models after 2018. I thought that 2019 only had lx, sport, ex, exl and touring trims.
That’s correct. In 2019, with the updates, they discontinued the EX-T trim level. They just called my trim level an EX, with the option of choosing the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder or the turbo 4...of course I was only interested in the turbo. The car was sold to me as a 2019 Honda Civic EX. But all of my paperwork from the DMV, insurance, and even on the title, all say EX-T, but Honda never uttered the letters EX-T ever.

Honda Civic 10th gen Unfortunate Christmas surprise... ? 368E8730-F688-4997-86E9-B664ACADB77A

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
That’s correct. In 2019, with the updates, they discontinued the EX-T trim level. They just called my trim level an EX, with the option of choosing the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder or the turbo 4...of course I was only interested in the turbo. The car was sold to me as a 2019 Honda Civic EX. But all of my paperwork from the DMV, insurance, and even on the title, all say EX-T, but Honda never uttered the letters EX-T ever.

368E8730-F688-4997-86E9-B664ACADB77A.jpeg
see that’s new to me too, bc i didn’t know they had the choice of the 1.5 or 2.0 for the 2019 model ex. learned something new

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

368E8730-F688-4997-86E9-B664ACADB77A.jpeg
On my insurance paper work it reads civic 1.5 T and that was geico and now statefarm

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Soooo sorry ? you do your best with parking and someone still whacks it grrrrrrrrrr

RickW

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 civic ex 2020 civic sport
Country flag

HC005.jpg

HC006.jpg

HC007.jpg

HC009.jpg

HC012.jpg

HC010.jpg

HC011.jpg
I hope your car was fixed properly. The effing deer everywhere are a nuisance. I recently was out on my one-year-old Triumph Tiger and a deer run flat out in front of me at 50 miles an hour. Fortunately tigers have large front wheels and the deer was not fully grown. So I hit this thing holding on to the bars like it was a 400 lb bench press and managed to stay upright killing the deer. I had to stop and check my underwear. Other than that there is no damage. Sorry you couldn't say the same.

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why can't some people just ride a fucking bicycle if they can't drive? Hope the car gets fixed soon! Nice colour btw.
Sponsored