First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting close to finally installing my sound system I've been buying bits and pieces of over the last year, going to mount my amp underneath my driver seat on a small platform. I'm curious how everyone else is mounting them so it doesnt move, I'm tempted to either brace it underneath the seat rails, or potentially screw it into the front bump support bar under the knee area, Just curious how everyone else is mounting theirs in this area with minimal destruction to the car.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a powered sub/amp combo under my driver's seat. It's just secured with velcro. There isn't much room under there for it to move around at all:

Honda Civic 10th gen Underseat Amp mounting options 20210222_164421

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My amp i have is a JL MX500/4, its relatively tiny compared to that amp/sub combo, it can comfortably fit between the plastic caps and the front hump underthere, there's about an inch free space on both front and back. I suppose i could just Velcro the mess out of it, im fairly sure it wont move if i use enough of it, but that's alot of wiggle room it could if it comes loose in an accident.. It honeslty probly doesnt need more than a few L brackets and 2 screws into the hump and that'll secure it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Underseat Amp mounting options PXL_20210305_164809025

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My amp i have is a JL MX500/4, its relatively tiny compared to that amp/sub combo, it can comfortably fit between the plastic caps and the front hump underthere, there's about an inch free space on both front and back. I suppose i could just Velcro the mess out of it, im fairly sure it wont move if i use enough of it, but that's alot of wiggle room it could if it comes loose in an accident.. It honeslty probly doesnt need more than a few L brackets and 2 screws into the hump and that'll secure it.
PXL_20210305_164809025.jpg
Ya I'm sure some velcro would hold it, but a few L brackets would make sure it never budges

Redragor

First Name
Dmitriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R Sport Line
Country flag
Guys,

Where did you connect ground wire?

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
right beneath the drivers left thigh, under the carpet, is a bolt with about 3-4 other wires all connected to it bolted to a support beam, that's where i wired mine to, its recommended to scrape away the paint below that bolt with a wire brush or wheel so you get a good ground connection.
Sponsored