First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
What up homies!

I've had my CTR for just about 3 weeks and I can't help but to question why you hear any and every rock(s) that get kicked up. Is that just a normal occurrence for the CTR's?
Sponsored

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Ditto, it is the tires.

Not everyone likes the look, but it's why I run mud flaps on my car.

OP
OP
ghett0tech

ghett0tech

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ah, okay! Had no idea that's how summer tires were. Thanks for the input guys!

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
Ah, okay! Had no idea that's how summer tires were. Thanks for the input guys!
Another contributor is that a large panel of the under tray is aluminum, which makes for much louder rock noises than the typical plastic/felt panels.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
It's one of the less endearing features of this otherwise stellar car. I took a shortcut through a parking lot the other day, only to find it was littered with asphalt crumbles, from all the potholes. I managed to avoid all the holes, but scooped up so much debris that for hours afterwards the car made all sorts of weird noises as the various bits of road rattled around, got stuck on different moving parts, and generally raised a ruckus. And the car is so low with so little room to actually get in and clean stuff without a lift that you just sort of have to hope the bouncing of normal driving dumps the crap out sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
ghett0tech

ghett0tech

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
It's one of the less endearing features of this otherwise stellar car. I took a shortcut through a parking lot the other day, only to find it was littered with asphalt crumbles, from all the potholes. I managed to avoid all the holes, but scooped up so much debris that for hours afterwards the car made all sorts of weird noises as the various bits of road rattled around, got stuck on different moving parts, and generally raised a ruckus. And the car is so low with so little room to actually get in and clean stuff without a lift that you just sort of have to hope the bouncing of normal driving dumps the crap out sooner rather than later.
Yes! I had the happen week 1 of having it and was like "is this normal" lol it took forever to get most of the debris out lol.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pray you never have to drive down a gravel road. Dang the racket is deafening. And pity the fool that follows you for at least 10 miles after that!! Had a friend that was following me…and I warned him. The rock that busted his windshield hung on somewhere until the next red light when I accelerated away.

Post-winter is always fun too. You get to clean the road of all the sand and pea gravel.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
suntek full front and zl1 mud guards installed the first week of ownership. recommend.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Just pray you never have to drive down a gravel road.
I LIVE on a dirt road. Not exactly pure gravel, though right after the grader comes through or during long dry spells it gets pretty gravel-ly. I go real slow, largely because of the monster ruts.
Sponsored