First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CIVIC EX HATCH
Country flag
Hello,

I was planning on posting for the first time yesterday regarding my new Civic Hatch EX, and the fact that I had an average of 41 MPG going on it's second tank.

However, before doing so , I was caught in a rain storm, and ended up driving over some serious pot hole/debris that scraped up part of the engine shield pretty bad. I had been trying so hard to baby this thing!

I'm trying to figure out what to do. Hopefully these photos will help illustrate the issue. In the first photo you can see a this strip of rubber that was payed lose, in the second you can see where a hole was worn into the shield.

Do I need to replace this? Can it be "patched". I can't figure out what is under this hole in the second photo. It feels like it is just more plastic?

Ugh,

-Wilson

Honda Civic 10th gen Underbody damage tempImageVtcTtw

Honda Civic 10th gen Underbody damage tempImagezeQJdo

CVTKiller

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Ouch, Thats gonna be a whole replacement.
I would go to junk yard. the allumium looks like its intact. the the plastic sides fron the undersheild that looks torn.

batching it up wont resolve the issue. I tried many times to do so myself, only to end up buying a new one. The force and wind when driving wont hold it together.

honda sells for 250.00
junk yard you can pull it of they migt haveit pulled already. Hope this helps.

OP
OP

Wilson

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CIVIC EX HATCH
Country flag
I've included the image below to highlight that the damage only seems to be in this one area. Where the hole has been ground there only seems to be more plastic behind it. I don't doubt it's necessity, just wondering how critical this is right now, and whether a full replacement is the only way to go.

Honda Civic 10th gen Underbody damage IMG_3234 3

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
the strip that came off is just your warning scraper. simply there to let you know that you arent clearing what you are driving over before you actually do some damage. it’s not critical. i say cut off the stuff that is hanging.

Your aluminum belly pan looks better than mine after 60k miles of driving and service techs at the dealer not putting it on right.

The hole in the plastic looks kinda bad, but I think that is just the frame underneath and not an oil pan. You can replace if it bothers you but it wont hurt your drivability.

OP
OP

Wilson

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CIVIC EX HATCH
Country flag
I figured the strip could stay or go. Maybe I'll gorilla -tape the hole? All I can feel behind that hole is more plastic, not the frame, or anything metallic.

I'm maybe a bit more inclined not to sweat it too much. I never even looked at my last cars engine shield.

the strip that came off is just your warning scraper. simply there to let you know that you arent clearing what you are driving over before you actually do some damage. it’s not critical. i say cut off the stuff that is hanging.

Your aluminum belly pan looks better than mine after 60k miles of driving and service techs at the dealer not putting it on right.

The hole in the plastic looks kinda bad, but I think that is just the frame underneath and not an oil pan. You can replace if it bothers you but it wont hurt your drivability.

OP
OP

Wilson

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CIVIC EX HATCH
Country flag
One last bump of this thread. Just want to see if anyone else has any thoughts on this. Wish I knew what was being exposed here with the new opening I manufactured.
Sponsored