Uncomfortable seats

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am 6ft, 185lbs; I've only had the car for two weeks. This has to be the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in. It seems like every day, I'm making adjustments to account for various pains. It's either my lower back or shoulders.

What am I doing wrong? I have the seat angled upright, the steering wheel is in a comfortable position, and I'm at a good distance from the pedals.

There is way too much lumbar support in the seat, and it's detracting from the car; I wish they made lumbar support adjustable.

Does anyone have any tips? Its ruining the car for me. :/
Sponsored

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I feel uncomfortable because . . . . . it has no lumber support. lol Are you talking about the side and thigh bolsters?

GAT305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR Crystal Black
Country flag
I am 6ft, 185lbs; I've only had the car for two weeks. This has to be the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in. It seems like every day, I'm making adjustments to account for various pains. It's either my lower back or shoulders.

What am I doing wrong? I have the seat angled upright, the steering wheel is in a comfortable position, and I'm at a good distance from the pedals.

There is way too much lumbar support in the seat, and it's detracting from the car; I wish they made lumbar support adjustable.

I am about the same 6ft. 195lbs. You just gotta keep adjusting. Once you get it right they are pretty comfortable. More so than my previous si.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel uncomfortable because . . . . . it has no lumber support. lol Are you talking about the side and thigh bolsters?
Nope. Definitely the back area. Side holsters are fine. Maybe it has too much or too little, I honestly can't tell. It just hurts. In all the other cars I've driven, I usually kept lumbar support dialed down.

I am about the same 6ft. 195lbs. You just gotta keep adjusting. Once you get it right they are pretty comfortable. More so than my previous si.
I thought I had one figured out last week, but was wrong after a few days. It's so frustrating. I've never had this problem with any other car I've ever owned.

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Seats are amazing sorry

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Mines fine

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
There's no lumbar support, and that may be your issue. Because instead of a tiny bit, there's NOTHING. Try a small cushion. Try leaning the seat back and pull the steering column out to compensate.

Otherwise, it's possible that the seat position is too rigid for you, which may be a symptom of something going on with your hip/back.

There's always something to do for this, you just have to figure what needs to be adjusted to address the issue by either trial & error, or by talking to a doctor to see if there's something causing it.

Good luck, back pain sucks.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There's no lumbar support, and that may be your issue. Because instead of a tiny bit, there's NOTHING. Try a small cushion. Try leaning the seat back and pull the steering column out to compensate.

Otherwise, it's possible that the seat position is too rigid for you, which may be a symptom of something going on with your hip/back.

There's always something to do for this, you just have to figure what needs to be adjusted to address the issue by either trial & error, or by talking to a doctor to see if there's something causing it.

Good luck, back pain sucks.
I think it might be how rigid the lower back area is. I'm going to the dealership this weekend to get a rattle fixed, but I'm going to bring this up with them. I doubt they can do anything, but I figured it's worth a shot.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
try this trick....

place both your arms out in front of you when seated in the driver seat (back completely pressed to the seat). If your wrist passes over the top of the steering wheel, you need to adjust the seat or the seat angle back. Once your feet are comfortable over the pedals and your wrist meets the top of the wheel, you should be good.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
try this trick....

place both your arms out in front of you when seated in the driver seat (back completely pressed to the seat). If your wrist passes the top of the steering wheel, you need to adjust the seat or the seat angle back. Once your feet are comfortable over the pedals and your wrist meets the top of the wheel, you should be good.
I'll give this a shot tomorrow morning. Thank you!

Edit: I'm pretty sure this isn't happening though. I have the steering wheel angled down.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll give this a shot tomorrow morning. Thank you!

Edit: I'm pretty sure this isn't happening though. I have the steering wheel angled down.
ah, angle the steering wheel a little higher, maybe one notch above what you typically are used to.

OP
OP
nxt3

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
ah, angle the steering wheel a little higher, maybe one notch above what you typically are used to.
Oops, I meant it is angled up a bit. If I stuck my arms straight in front of me, I'd just hit the steering wheel. It's not low enough to where my wrists are going over the top.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag

Hey I’m 6’2” and weigh about 200 and I find the seats better than my regular Civic. At 62 years old I don’t see a problem.
Sponsored