Lionbar14

First Name
Niall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r fk8
Country flag
Hi. Just wondering if I could add sub wires out the back of the original head unit as there is no sub factory fitted in the UK type r models?
Sponsored

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I've looked at the idea myself; I think the best option would be to run a low pass filter or similar from the amp output (Proprietary SPDIF from headunit makes it difficult to get a pre-amped output) and go from there.

Be interested to see if anyone has a better idea though - I know of one UK car with a full boot build, but not sure who, It's a blue one if I remember rightly (On some of the UK FB Pages)

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Functionally useless either way based on what I've heard about the factory sub ?
It's actually not that bad for basic listening. It doesn't have any punch to it but the audio itself sounds good.

That's crazy that you guys don't have a sub at all though, what the hell? I never knew that.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
It's actually not that bad for basic listening. It doesn't have any punch to it but the audio itself sounds good.

That's crazy that you guys don't have a sub at all though, what the hell? I never knew that.
Weight Reduction, Bro

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can't run new sub wires from your factory headunit, but you can splice into your existing speaker wires (suggest you use the 2 front speaker wires) and run these to an amplifier that has high-level inputs.

I opted for an underseat powered sub. Sub+amp built into one. It has high-level inputs for using existing speaker wires and it also has smart sensing tech to turn on the amp by sensing signal from these speaker wires instead of running a separate remote wire.

Honda Civic 10th gen UK has no factory fitted Sub 20190725_183314_resized

OP
OP
Lionbar14

Lionbar14

First Name
Niall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r fk8
Country flag
What are the under seat subs like? Never had one before.

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
What are the under seat subs like? Never had one before.
I used a KSC-SW11 In my previous Civic which had a nice effect, though not earth-shattering. - It pairs quite well with a standard system though, just to fill in the sub bass (Below ~30Hz)

I think the big problem on the CTR Specifically is that there's not as much space underseat (Looks like there is a nice dip which is perfect on Arpy's Si).

I certainly do agree though, A high level input AIO sub is probably the best way to go.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
TIL you guys didnt get a sub. But you got all the rest of the "touring" features US didnt get, which i'd rather have lol.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/premium-audio.19471/post-564734

Hmm, Might have a look at the wiring out tomorrow. Wonder if they just didn't bother pinning the out?
It looks like the Sub wiring in the amp connector is not pinned for the UK version. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-2019-fk8-stereo-wiring.51236/#post-907055

Not sure if the amp is putting out the sub signal even when the wirings are missing. From what I heard, the factory sub signal only goes up to 50Hz so it might be better to tap into the front mid-range speakers and set the LPF to something higher than 50Hz depending on how low your door speakers can go.
Sponsored