UK Euro Spec Civic Sport Trunk / Boot Floor - Interchangeable?

futureal33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Sport Plus
Afternoon all,

I have a UK Spec Civic Sport Plus (similar to your Si, I think) hatchback.

I'm having some issues with my boot, or trunk as you call it - trying to configure it to suit my needs.

I dont have the spare wheel
I do have the central exhaust pipes

On mine, when I lift the boot floor carpet, underneath it is just bare metal - where the spare wheel would go if fitted.. There WAS a black foam / polystyrene insert here, with the locking wheel nut, wheel wrech and air compressor inside pre-made cut outs.. but I have removed this, as I want to use the area for storage.

I have carpeted over the bare metal, and keep a few small things in there (1ltr oil, water, torch, etc etc) which I like to keep in the car, but dont want them banging around in the boot all the time.

Anyway... the problem with this, is that the old boot floor used to "sit" on the foam / polystyrene insert - which gave it strength. Now I have removed this, the boot floor is hovering over a hollow compartment and its really flimsy - and just bends under any weight at all.

On the Civic models without the central exhaust pipes, the boot floor is totally different - made from something much stronger

The shape looks the same.. although I cant really do a test fit... from visually looking at them side by side... they "look" the same fitment.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the boot floor can be swapped between models... as the "non-sport" boot floor is much stronger, and would be a solution to this problem... allowing the under-boot area to be used for storage, and giving the floor enough strength to put stuff on.. without having the foam insert underneath for structural rigidity

Thank you!

The picture below shows what my boot did look like, but now the foam insert is removed.. that space is just hollow and the boot floor doesn't "sit" on it like it used to... so now the floor is really flimsy and bends in the middle over the hollow space

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Euro Spec Civic Sport Trunk / Boot Floor - Interchangeable? Boot
Sponsored