U129E

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Car shot this code out a few times while reflashing. Now I can't open rear hatch or use fob to unlock. I am able to get in with a physical key. I would like to mention that the OBD2 wasn't giving enough power to v2 unit before I started the reflash (which confused me, and raised a cause for concern)
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sounds more like your battery is dead, since an ECU code wouldn't be the cause of your FOB not working.

If the V2 was having trouble powering that further supports the theory.

OP
OP
AmaiX

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Sounds more like your battery is dead, since an ECU code wouldn't be the cause of your FOB not working.

If the V2 was having trouble powering that further supports the theory.
Thank you for the quick reply! I've also noticed the battery dropping to under 14v some days, and shortly returns to 14v.

It just struck me as odd that the car/battery just made a year. I have been able to drive it with no issues. However this is the first time I've been unable to use the fob to unlock. I did also notice I can't unlock the car with the buttons inside/nor open my rear hatch.

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you can start the vehicle and drive then it's not the battery. You said you weren't able to power the V2 properly via the OBD port, which along with the other issues suggests it is.

Check that the port isn't damage and the cable is plugged in properly. There's a disable for U129E in the software.

The FOB has nothing to do with the ECU or tuning. You have another issue if your FOB isn't working.

OP
OP
AmaiX

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
If you can start the vehicle and drive then it's not the battery. You said you weren't able to power the V2 properly via the OBD port, which along with the other issues suggests it is.

Check that the port isn't damage and the cable is plugged in properly. There's a disable for U129E in the software.

The FOB has nothing to do with the ECU or tuning. You have another issue if your FOB isn't working.
Appreciate you responding over the weekend! I actually did figure out the issue and it was a blown fuse. Unfortunately after replacing the fuse, and starting the car it resulted in the death of my Ktuner.

I did notice that this unit did occasionally lose power every now and then when I initially purchased it used. The cable into the unit looked kind of funky... On the plus side I was able to flash to stock, but unsure if I was able to unlock before the untimely event.

Honda Civic 10th gen U129E 836F1A93-708E-4EEE-98A7-6A322DB9ABBE

Honda Civic 10th gen U129E BDA46F41-E8DA-4B62-93EB-4E64E82A2562

Last edited:

OP
OP
AmaiX

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Update: Was a able to boot it via USB port, but intermittently flickers on and off making it hard to navigate the menus. I did however verify that it is still locked.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Feel free to contact support directly.

Flickering via USB means the device is not getting enough power through that port. If you mean turning off the display, it will do that when connected to the software. Don't connect with the software and it will not go into that mode.

OP
OP
AmaiX

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Feel free to contact support directly.

Flickering via USB means the device is not getting enough power through that port. If you mean turning off the display, it will do that when connected to the software. Don't connect with the software and it will not go into that mode.
Thank you! I appreciate you greatly! You have a good rest of your day ??

Beardedfk7

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport 1.5l turbo
Country flag
BRO IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM!!!
which fuse was it?
hoping for a reply!!
@KTuner do you know which fuse it is this would effect?

Titoo

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
@KTuner just had this same problem, v2 wouldn’t power on and just flashed the light and followed with finding a blow starter fuse.

BakaSupreme

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Did anyone here end up having any lasting problems? I had the code show up today after flashing the pherable 1.5 non-si tune. The code showed up on the tuner but not the dash. Car drives fine and operates normally but is it possible tuner caused that false flag?
Sponsored