Typhoon's Sonic Gray EX-L Journal

jonnyt00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Thanks! I didn't buy an actual kit, but I followed this guide I found over in the T4R forums.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...light-bulb-conversion-h11-h9-9005-9011-a.html

Basically, I bought 2x H9 bulbs and used a wire cutter to remove the extra plastic piece needed to fit a H9 bulb into the Civic's H11 socket.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Since then, I have changed to an HID 5000k kit though.

Edited post to include output shots:

This is the 5000k XenonDepot Xtreme HID kit - very impressed with the quality of the kit and materials. Main decision point here was the inclusion of the dual relays to protect the factory wiring.

9A31A19F-D530-4B40-8635-487D23059C0B.jpeg

7AC3FE3B-5AF0-4C8F-86F2-6459AF6DB180.jpeg
Hi Guys, I am a new guy here but have been following this site for quite a while.
SonicTyphoon, if possible. Could you please let us know if the exhaust tips easily slip on the stock tips or did you need to cut anything off?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SonicTyphoon

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi Guys, I am a new guy here but have been following this site for quite a while.
SonicTyphoon, if possible. Could you please let us know if the exhaust tips easily slip on the stock tips or did you need to cut anything off?
Exhaust tips easily slip onto the stock exhaust tips! No cutting or additional modification of the stock exhaust.

Since then, I've changed to a different exhaust tip. I went for a more subtle look since the first set of exhaust tips started rubbing on the bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen Typhoon's Sonic Gray EX-L Journal B18C8913-2687-46EF-9EDF-C46BD5816E26

Car is still going strong! Approaching 36K miles soon and haven't had any issues. Changed the CVT fluid at 30K and regular oil changes/maintenance so far.

OP
OP
SonicTyphoon

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How is your sonic grey hatch holding up so far ? Mine is about to be a year old ! I'm loving it.
Holding up well so far! I'm at roughly 42,000 miles now and the car has mostly been problem free. I hit a big pothole a while back that destroyed both tires on my passenger side, but aside from that, it's been pretty reliable and affordable to maintain. I've done all of the maintenance myself up to this point - which has been mostly oil changes, air filters, etc., and the 30K CVT fluid drain and fill.

The only real issue I've experienced so far is the corner window trim starting to peel back behind the C pillars.

I took it into the dealership right before my warranty ended and they said they couldn't do anything about it if it wasn't leaking or causing damage to the car, which is really unfortunate since I notice it every time I wash it.

Glad you're love yours though! I can't wait to see how the next generation looks like. Cheers.

OP
OP
SonicTyphoon

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Quick update here - recently sold the hatch to Carmax at 51,000 miles. The car was great overall - one of the best and most reliable daily drivers I've ever owned. Did all the maintenance myself and didn't have any major issues come up during that time. Will definitely miss the car but also recently picked up a Type R so staying in the hatchback and also Sonic Gray family. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Typhoon's Sonic Gray EX-L Journal 20210501_023352138_iOS (1)
Sponsored