Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Does anyone know what the tech specs are for the factory system? I really hate the sound and would like to replace the speakers/sub.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
To start I bought an Alpine SXE 0825 For the dash and an Alpine S-W8D2 for the sub.

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't know if it's just me but I'm wondering if the stereo in my Type R is defective. It sounds bad. I mean terrible. I'm 98% convinced the sub was disconnected by the previous owner. My 8 year old son's voice has more bass than this thing. Replacing the speakers and sub and adding an amp has become my new top priority for the car.

I've been using this site as a reference https://www.crutchfield.ca which seems to be a good start.

I also recommend watching this. I pretty much plan to follow this video to the Tee.

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
I don't know if it's just me but I'm wondering if the stereo in my Type R is defective. It sounds bad. I mean terrible. I'm 98% convinced the sub was disconnected by the previous owner. My 8 year old son's voice has more bass than this thing. Replacing the speakers and sub and adding an amp has become my new top priority for the car.

I've been using this site as a reference https://www.crutchfield.ca which seems to be a good start.

I also recommend watching this. I pretty much plan to follow this video to the Tee.

That’s a fantastic install.

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Anyone know the size of the rear pillar speakers?

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I was also unimpressed with the factory sound system. I added an amp and replaced the sub and that was enough to make me happy. I kept all of the rest of it stock. Just a thought before you go ripping the car apart to get to the rear pillar speakers.

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Yea, I don't think the search will be worth it. :)

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
I was also unimpressed with the factory sound system. I added an amp and replaced the sub and that was enough to make me happy. I kept all of the rest of it stock. Just a thought before you go ripping the car apart to get to the rear pillar speakers.
Did you add a sub in the stock enclosure? Or a external box?

OIK

First Name
Omair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Country flag
So in the BMW world, different manufacture/vendors sell direct drop in plug and play speaker swap kits that really enhance the sound. I am hoping someone comes out with something like that.

ians

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8, 2004 TSX, 2011 A4 Avant, 2013 S5, 2019 718 GTS
Country flag
So in the BMW world, different manufacture/vendors sell direct drop in plug and play speaker swap kits that really enhance the sound. I am hoping someone comes out with something like that.
4 front doors + 4 rear doors + center are all just drop off replacement. I replaced the 4 front doors + center + sub + sub amp, the sound quality is already way better but still have room for improvement. So will replace the rear door speakers + LCi later to see how much I can squeeze it from the stock head unit.

OP
OP
Venator

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
4 front doors + 4 rear doors + center are all just drop off replacement. I replaced the 4 front doors + center + sub + sub amp, the sound quality is already way better but still have room for improvement. So will replace the rear door speakers + LCi later to see how much I can squeeze it from the stock head unit.
What center did you use?
Sponsored