First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si with FBO and a tune with flex fuel will still lose to a Type R.
Put some Respek on the SI.
an FBO Si on 93 might......

After adding just a few basic bolt-ons, switching from gasoline to E85, and re-tuning with Church's Daniel Butler, Nick's mild-mannered 1.5L belted out a whopping 322 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque at 26 psi of boost. And with the switch to low-key M&H slicks on the front wheels, the Si laid down a 12.927-second pass at 104.55 mph—and it wasn't stripped down at all.
-superstreet 2018

^this same si is the fastest 10th gen as of a few days ago right.
10.7@141
Sponsored

Last edited:

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag

After adding just a few basic bolt-ons, switching from gasoline to E85, and re-tuning with Church's Daniel Butler, Nick's mild-mannered 1.5L belted out a whopping 322 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque at 26 psi of boost. And with the switch to low-key M&H slicks on the front wheels, the Si laid down a 12.927-second pass at 104.55 mph—and it wasn't stripped down at all.
-superstreet 2018

10.7@141
I've seen Church's dynapak read close to 20% higher than your average dynojet, so he's making closer to around 265whp, which is right in line where others with FBO, tune and flex fuel have made and indicative of the rather low 104.5mph trap speed he ended up with even though he made it to the 12's. If he was actually making 322whp he should be trapping like 112 and running close to a 12 sec flat 1/4 mile. He simply hooked up really well thanks to the slicks. We know stock Type R's can trap 108mph, throw slicks on it and you'll likely see a mid/high 12 sec 1/4 as well.. Its fairly simple math when it comes to drag racing, its a hobby of mine and there's not really any way to trick the system as to a car's actual power output once you know the weight of the vehicle along with the ET and trap speed information.

Last edited:

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
The RS' reliability concerns go beyond the headgasket, been on the RS forum and groups long enough to see that. Even after the headgasket gets fixed a lot of them still take a crap. I researched it extensively as I wanted to purchase an RS myself, got really close to getting it. As for the cobalt that might be your opinion from an owner's perspective, I still think they are pretty awful car and would never have a desire to own one. I'd rather own a Neon SRT4 over the Cobalt as they make cheap power too, but if given the choice I'd rather get an 8th gen Si and turbo it. PRL has a video on their youtube of their Si with just bolt ons and ktuner beating a stock R, no flex fuel. Having owned both it seems like a pretty accurate as the R won when they did a roll race in 3rd but lost when the Si started in 4th from the same MPH. There are a lot of cases of what I mentioned I just called out the first ones that came to mind. Sounds like we have a difference of opinions though, you're entitled to yours as I am to mine.
This isn't about platform reliability, you throw that out the window when you start extensively modifying the LB15. If you think the Cobalt SS is an awful car and would rather own a SRT-4, you obviously have very little, or no knowledge at all on the platform. I had an 8th gen when the Cobalt SS came out, if you think turboing an 8th gen makes better sense vs building a LNF SS, you need to do your homework.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

-superstreet 2018

10.7@141
Those are very impressive numbers, but if you have ever driven in a 11 or 12 second car, they are not very pleasant to drive off track. I thought I would throw that in there because some people may not realize the trade off they are making if this is going to be their daily driver

Last edited:

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are very impressive numbers, but if you have ever driven in a 11 or 12 second car, they are not very pleasant to drive off track. I thought I would throw that in there because some people may not realize the trade off they are making if this is going to be their daily driver
End of the day we’re talking about a type R killer.
Pretty sure you don’t need an 11s car to wreck a type r in a straight line.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
End of the day we’re talking about a type R.
Pretty sure you don’t need an 11s car to wreck a type r in a straight line.
I was just speaking in general. You are correct, I could probably take an R at a dig, rolling would be another story...

Last edited:
OP
OP
2018Si_NY

2018Si_NY

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Im rooting for ya man. I had a R and traded it in for a 2020 Si. I couldnt be happier. I had a 2018 R and missed the adaptive cruise, heated seats, mpg, wanted a less aggressive seat, wanting the lane watch and keep assist for long road trips (although i had the auto braking), and i really wanted a sun roof. The SI was a better fit. BUT, the power was not great for me. So after the 27won turbo upgrade, ktuner, prl flex fuel, clutch and flywheel, intake, downpipe, front pipe, whiteline sway bar kit, eibach springs, prodigy werks bbk, intercooler and some indy 500s i feel the power output and handing is great. I figured it up and after spending 25k for my SI, im still only at around 32K for the build. I feel i have very close to a R with all the options my 2018 R was missing. So i think you will be happy with your build. I am.

Wow I really only would like the rev matching on downshifts not that I can’t do it but that’s a cool feature. So far I’m loving this build, my turbo comes in tomorrow and my intercooler kit is here I think I’m going to start the install tomorrow. Then plans to have it tuned by drob

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 fk8, 2011 Crz, 1996 300zx tt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow I really only would like the rev matching on downshifts not that I can’t do it but that’s a cool feature. So far I’m loving this build, my turbo comes in tomorrow and my intercooler kit is here I think I’m going to start the install tomorrow. Then plans to have it tuned by drob
Your going to love it. Drob is the mean I hear!

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag

Lol you spew a lot of misinformation bud... I’ve driven plenty of 12,11 and 10 second Honda’s on the street, and they’re no different then Driving a 14 second Honda on the street as a daily... my last civic before i bought my 10th gen si was an eg coupe with a y’all deck dart block that made nearly 600 on pump 93, it drove no different then when it had a stock n/a far motor...do you realize how silly you sound saying that?!?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol you spew a lot of misinformation bud... I’ve driven plenty of 12,11 and 10 second Honda’s on the street, and they’re no different then Driving a 14 second Honda on the street as a daily... my last civic before i bought my 10th gen si was an eg coupe with a y’all deck dart block that made nearly 600 on pump 93, it drove no different then when it had a stock n/a far motor...do you realize how silly you sound saying that?!?
Not as silly as you, thankfully. Boys and their fantasies LOL

Last edited:

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Not as silly as you, thankfully. Boys and their fantasies LOL[/QUOTE

lol “clever” response... too bad it’s actually you who are fantasizing and I’ve been there and done that... I have been building and racing these cars since the late 90s bud...

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha, thanks. Just to let you know, I don't want to turn this into an argument. So I will apologise for the snappy response. I don't know anything about you, so I will not make any judgements, but I have probably been around longer than you (I'm 52) and have driven tons of performance cars as well as modified cars (on and off the track) over my lifetime, so what I wrote was based on my experiences. I will admit I've always preferred stock setups for the cars I have owned other than maybe a mild tune.

As a fellow car enthusiast (since you have been doing this since the 90's), we can hopefully disagree in a more friendly manner

Last edited:

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
It all depends on how you achieve that 11 second car. Plenty of cars run 12s stock and they are not a nightmare to drive off the track. Now if you were to do a full strip, solid MM etc yeah you're going to see a decrease in comfort.

My brother built an 00 SI (b18/b16 head, gt35R etc) and honestly it felt like it did stock except for clutch engagement.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, thanks. Just to let you know, I don't want to turn this into an argument. So I will apologise for the snappy response. I don't know anything about you, so I will not make any judgements, but I have probably been around longer than you (I'm 52) and have driven tons of performance cars as well as modified cars (on and off the track) over my lifetime, so what I wrote was based on my experiences. I will admit I've always preferred stock setups for the cars I have owned other than maybe a mild tune.

As a fellow car enthusiast (since you have been doing this since the 90's), we can hopefully disagree in a more friendly manner
I admire your response ...
An apology is a sign of strength, not weakness.
I have long respected your insights, comments and advice.
The ability to agree to disagree is something we should ALL do ... civil discussions are far more productive than arguments and shouting.
Keep it classy!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I admire your response ...
An apology is a sign of strength, not weakness.
I have long respected your insights, comments and advice.
The ability to agree to disagree is something we should ALL do ... civil discussions are far more productive than arguments and shouting.
Keep it classy!
Thank you very much. We can all learn from each other, as each of us has unique experiences we bring to the table. We won't always agree, but when we do disagree, hopefully we can all do so as reasonable people. I should have dealt with it better in the first place!
Sponsored