Type S

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
acura please make an ilx type s turbo sh-awd 330hp with six speed MT that puts the CTR to the shame. Base it on the type r platform, just make it less than 3000lbs and add acura's finish.

Honestly I would go trade my Si in in instant. Put my name on a waiting list.
Sponsored

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
acura please make an ilx type s turbo sh-awd 330hp with six speed MT that puts the CTR to the shame. Base it on the type r platform, just make it less than 3000lbs and add acura's finish.

Honestly I would go trade my Si in in instant. Put my name on a waiting list.
You expect Honda to somehow take the 3100 or so pound CTR, add several hundred pounds in features (AWD, additional sound deadening, etc) and yet somehow end up with a curb weight of less than 3k pounds.

The EVO X, current STI, and RS are all around 3400 LBS curb for a reason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
inertiadrifto86

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be completely honest, I wrote this post while slightly inebriated.

Honestly if they did a TLX Type S AWD with 350 hp/trq at roughly 3500lbs and a suspension setup to rival other competitors, I would probably still jump on it.

I love my Si but it's far from ideal. Not saying the above described would be ideal, but combo the performance of a CTR with Acura's refinement... well, I would say it's closer to ideal for me.

OP
OP
inertiadrifto86

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
| Acura PR representative Zach Vlasuk told Motor1.com in January that the Type-S models would be more akin to a mildly sporty Mercedes C43 than a C63 or BMW M3.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting it to compete with an M3 in terms of power, but I had hoped it could hang around a corner just as well if not better. I'm a little disappointed at that statement but am still excited to see what they come out with.