• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S - Luxury GTI/WRX/N or S3/A35/M235i Competitor?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
We all know Acura will add Type S trim to Integra.
However, nobody knows what it will be like.
Here's my question.

A. Will it be like a luxury version of something like GTI, WRX, Elantra N?
K20 engine with 10AT straight out of the Accord or TLX would be enough for this mission.
It will be right in between the Si and the Type R in terms of performance.
I'm not sure if this will be good enough for the Type S nameplate tho
In this configuration, I expect the type S to cost about 35K USD.

Or

B. Will it be Acura's take on S3, A35 AMG, M235?
300hp engine (290hp a the very least) would be necessary for this.
FK8's K20C1 with DCT? Possible.
DCT AND SH-AWD? I don't think Acura will try that hard.
IF they add AWD, I'm pretty sure it will be mated to 10AT. They have plenty of experience with that combo.
They might develop another variant of the K20C with just the right amount of power, who knows. (TLX's 2.0T with bigger turbo and a tune?)
My guess would be K20C7 with 300hp + 10AT SHAWD or DCT FWD
40K USD for this.

What do you guys think? A or B?

Last edited:

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I suspect it will be sitting like something between a Upscale WRX competitor or a bit under an S4. I'm semi-expecting AWD, but I would be surprised if it got the Type-R 2.0. I'm expecting the entry level TLX 2.0T for the Integra Type-S.

OP
OP
KoukiVAB

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I suspect it will be sitting like something between a Upscale WRX competitor or a bit under an S4. I'm semi-expecting AWD, but I would be surprised if it got the Type-R 2.0. I'm expecting the entry level TLX 2.0T for the Integra Type-S.
Yeah I'd be surprised if it got the full Type R powertrain too. We just don't have too much information at this point tho.
I hope the next spyshot will be with a potential rival, just like how the first TLX-S spyshot was with S4 and C43.
Then, we'll be able to guess which direction Acura is going for.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
We all know Acura will add Type S trim to Integra.
However, nobody knows what it will be like.
Here's my question.

A. Will it be like a luxury version of something like GTI, WRX, Elantra N?
K20 engine with 10AT straight out of the Accord or TLX would be enough for this mission.
It will be right in between the Si and the Type R in terms of performance.
I'm not sure if this will be good enough for the Type S nameplate tho
In this configuration, I expect the type S to cost about 35K USD.

Or

B. Will it be Acura's take on S3, A35 AMG, M235?
300hp engine (290hp a the very least) would be necessary for this.
FK8's K20C1 with DCT? Possible.
DCT AND SH-AWD? I don't think Acura will try that hard.
IF they add AWD, I'm pretty sure it will be mated to 10AT. They have plenty of experience with that combo.
They might develop another variant of the K20C with just the right amount of power, who knows. (TLX's 2.0T with bigger turbo and a tune?)
My guess would be K20C7 with 300hp + 10AT SHAWD or DCT FWD
40K USD for this.

What do you guys think? A or B?
I personally think it would be in between A and B. I would say it would be performance wise around Elantra N and M235i GC. Would more then likely use the 2.0t from either the Accord or TLX. Would probably get some internal upgrades to make more HP.

2023-acura-integra-5.jpg

Untitled-1.png

2023-Acura-Integra-78-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HoRRo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TSX
IMO, if Acura is serious about competing, the base model needs the Accord 2.0T, and the Type S needs CTR (or similar) 2.0T. Putting in the 1.5T with 205hp will make the base model flop. This isn't 2005, the RSX/TSX/SI all had 196-205 during that generation, and here we are 17yrs later. I can't imagine the Integra being lighter, so Honda needs to step up with the output.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
IMO, if Acura is serious about competing, the base model needs the Accord 2.0T, and the Type S needs CTR (or similar) 2.0T. Putting in the 1.5T with 205hp will make the base model flop. This isn't 2005, the RSX/TSX/SI all had 196-205 during that generation, and here we are 17yrs later. I can't imagine the Integra being lighter, so Honda needs to step up with the output.
I don't disagree with you and would love to see the 2.0T as a base... however... The Audi A3 starts with just 201hp... BUT a much less discussed competitor (or soon to be competitor in the next few years) to Acura might be Mazda as they move upmarket to occupy a very similar space as Acura. And with the current Mazda3 hatch available with 250hp for around $31k its going to be a toss up of whether Acura has the foresight to see up and coming Mazda as a threat in this premium performance arena, or if they'll just benchmark other entry level luxury models that all make about 200hp starting. It'll probably be more about performance numbers than spec sheet numbers. 0-60 in the 5.9-6.3 second range is what they need to gun for IMO.

That said... if it were going to be my decision to make... the base Integra would use the 1.5T tuned higher than the 11th gen Si (the same way the base TLX is tuned higher than the 2.0T Accord). So around 220-230hp... this gives them not only the "best in class hp" marketing, but keeps production costs in check as an entry level model. I don't expect the 11th gen Si to see much of an output increase for this exact possibility.

As for the Type S? I can honestly see it going two ways... either it'll be a more powerful version of the CTR with AWD (which I think most people are hoping for)... or it'll exist somewhere between the Base Integra and the CTR... possibly making due with the TLX sourced 2.0T with around 275hp and AWD to keep the CTR top rung but making the Type S a perfect competitor to other mid level luxury models like the Audi S3. Then it becomes a decision of whether buyers want a Luxury AWD with slightly less power Integra, or the FWD mainstream market with more power CTR.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I actually got to see the WRX in person finally and although I’m still iffy on the way it looks online it looks a bit better in person.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I actually got to see the WRX in person finally and although I’m still iffy on the way it looks online it looks a bit better in person.
I agreed with pretty much everything you said in your video. The bulging black plastic on the back is weird. The side cladding around the wheels is not needed. It does look better from the angles you viewed it from but overall I just think they needed to calm down with the black plastic. Also, the gap between the wheels and body seem HUGE.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I agreed with pretty much everything you said in your video. The bulging black plastic on the back is weird. The side cladding around the wheels is not needed. It does look better from the angles you viewed it from but overall I just think they needed to calm down with the black plastic. Also, the gap between the wheels and body seem HUGE.
Yeah the gap in the wheels need to be fix before production. Also a lot of fake vents which I was not happy about. I was told this was a pre production model so its getting close to production but still rear bumper seem like it could of been open.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah the gap in the wheels need to be fix before production. Also a lot of fake vents which I was not happy about. I was told this was a pre production model so its getting close to production but still rear bumper seem like it could of been open.
I get they want that off-road rally inspired look, but 95% of people that get this car aren't going to be taking it off road or doing rally courses. They should've toned down all the plastic cladding and lessened the wheel well gap and maybe offered the cladding and higher suspension as an accessory package for those that plan on racing it off road that want the extra protection.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I get they want that off-road rally inspired look, but 95% of people that get this car aren't going to be taking it off road or doing rally courses. They should've toned down all the plastic cladding and lessened the wheel well gap and maybe offered the cladding and higher suspension as an accessory package for those that plan on racing it off road that want the extra protection.
Yeah they cladding isn’t necessarily needed especially since nobody really takes these WRX off the trails unless it’s a race version.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
My thought was that the cladding makes it easier for them to widen the fenders a bit for wider wheels on the STi version. Cheaper than whole new fenders.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
My thought was that the cladding makes it easier for them to widen the fenders a bit for wider wheels on the STi version. Cheaper than whole new fenders.
It could be but it’s don’t oddly. These fenders when looking at them at the show look so be placed on via clips/3m tape. Essentially aftermarket could change it but what’s the point of doing that when there are textured groves in it. Essentially aftermarket would have to 3D design it then make the pieces for it.

OP
OP
KoukiVAB

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Plastic fenders would have made so much more sense on rally inspired "WRX Wilderness."
But it's WRX so there will be tons of after market fender flares to choose from pretty soon.