First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed this tonight. I wanted some red on the front of my car and wanted to avoid the Red H badge and red pinstriping. So next best thing, at least in my mind, is a Type S badge. S for Sport Hatch. Yay or nay?

Before (kinda plain)...
Honda Civic 10th gen Type S grill badge:  Nice or rice? IMG_3672.JPG

After...
Honda Civic 10th gen Type S grill badge:  Nice or rice? fronts

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Pass for me. I love the look of red H emblems but I personally draw the line at trim badges. Especially ones that don't exist for the model.

All that being said, it looks good and its your car so don't worry about what other people have to say!

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
nay in my book. only because type s is an actual trim within the honda universe. So technically...its not a type s... and type s does not = honda civic type 'sport'. which means...rice in my eyes. but just my opinion obvi.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
nay in my book. only because type s is an actual trim within the honda universe. So technically...its not a type s... and type s does not = honda civic type 'sport'. which means...rice in my eyes. but just my opinion obvi.
I would tend to agree in this area. Years ago a friend bought a used 6 cylinder MBZ SL300, he then took off the 3 and replaced it with the 5 from a V8 SL500. I prefer the stealth approach in that I would rather de-badge and have a sleeper. But that's just me. ;-)

Last edited:

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It looks good but it's a bit too much for me. In the end, it's your car whatever makes you happy! If it makes you happy that's all it matters!?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Pass.

Type S stands for Speed. Honda offered the Civic Type S for the European market. If anything imo the Si would be better off with the Type S badge since it would read/look like Type S(i) but then again it looks tacky.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did it, no shame, I feel like it completes it. To each their own! (The focus of the pic was the "H" badge, btw, it's just the only pic I currently have available that shows the Acura OEM 02-06 RSX Type-S Emblem "Type S" which explains why it's blurry, lol).
Honda Civic 10th gen Type S grill badge:  Nice or rice? Photo Jan 02, 5 47 40 PM (3)
Sponsored