Type S Gets 355 HP

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Considering it'll most likely undercut the Audi S4 in price but has slightly more power, I think it'll be a success overall. Honda's focus has always been more on handling/character than outright power, so even if it isn't the most powerful option on the market, I bet they've spent ALOT of time and energy getting it's handling and ride just right. First Acura product since the RSX that I'd actually consider buying.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
After seeing this I somewhat regret getting the Type R. Thinking I shouldve saved up and waited for this beast....

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
After seeing this I somewhat regret getting the Type R. Thinking I shouldve saved up and waited for this beast....
The day I came to know that this is not going to have a manual transmission is when I confirmed my 2020 Type R order :) Promising car otherwise, would have loved if it had a stick-shift option.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Man this thing is gorgeous maybe in 10 years I'll get it super used....

OP
OP
TypeSiR

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
JDM manufacturers (cars, electronics, watches) are masters in planned obsolescence. They release something better every few years and consumers discard the old and buy the new version and the cycle repeats itself in perpetuity. It's great time to be alive as consumers with all these new tech.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shit, I want one. But I can’t afford one, not unless I got rid of my CTR for something with substantially lower payments so I can save up enough cash to not repeat the same mistake I had with my CTR.

Damn you Acura

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I actually saw a new white TLX (non Type S) last week when I was leaving work. It was parked off to the side of a small side street. I noticed the new headlight graphics first, then looked at the tail as I passed and no doubt it was a new TLX... I was like "oh cool, new TLX" then I remembered the next day, production did even start yet (it started this week). It was completely uncovered, it was a woman driving it. Then I started second guessing myself that it wasn't an ILX or current TLX... but no, the headlights, the tail lights, it was definitely a new TLX.

For reference, I live in Columbus, OH so most likely it was a dealership car out for learning/testing. That's probably the 3rd or 4th honda/acura car I've seen in recent years out and about before being actually on sale.
Sponsored