Type R with Stage 2 Acuity or Acuity full or Hybrid Racing Full Shifter

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Hi All,

Currently, I am with 2019 Type R with Stage 2 Acuity stuff. I am planning to go for full short shifter. Is it recommended to go for full shifter or should I stick with my current setup.

I like Acuity full shifter but only reason I am considering Hybrid racing is it's cheaper and the base has the provisions for factory cable placement. Acuity doesn't have that and all electrical cables will be dangling in the console

Advertisement

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Country flag
Hi All,

Currently, I am with 2019 Type R with Stage 2 Acuity stuff. I am planning to go for full short shifter. Is it recommended to go for full shifter or should I stick with my current setup.

I like Acuity full shifter but only reason I am considering Hybrid racing is it's cheaper and the base has the provisions for factory cable placement. Acuity doesn't have that and all electrical cables will be dangling in the console
I really like the Full Stage 3 Acuity setup, but I would've stayed with my 2020 CTR shifter + Acuity Stage 2 kit if I could. The 2020 CTR shifter throw is a little shorter than the 2019 CTR and knob height is also lower. With the full Stage 3, everything is very tight. The centering spring is even stronger than the spring they sell separately and it took some time to get used to.

Can't comment on the performance Hybrid's shifter, but I also like how they incorporated cutouts for cable harness clips into their design.

If I was you and wanted something new I'd buy just the 2020 CTR shifter assembly (~$45-60) and swap over the Acuity spring, rocker arm and base bushing.

But if the mod bug bit you hard and you're just itching to spend $400-500, then go for Hybrid or Acuity shifters. Haven't really heard bad things about either of them.

*Protip, if you have Amazon prime and a Chase Amazon card, you can find the Acuity shifter on Amazon and get 5% cash back from your $479 purchase!

OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I really like the Full Stage 3 Acuity setup, but I would've stayed with my 2020 CTR shifter + Acuity Stage 2 kit if I could. The 2020 CTR shifter throw is a little shorter than the 2019 CTR and knob height is also lower. With the full Stage 3, everything is very tight. The centering spring is even stronger than the spring they sell separately and it took some time to get used to.

Can't comment on the performance Hybrid's shifter, but I also like how they incorporated cutouts for cable harness clips into their design.

If I was you and wanted something new I'd buy just the 2020 CTR shifter assembly (~$45-60) and swap over the Acuity spring, rocker arm and base bushing.

But if the mod bug bit you hard and you're just itching to spend $400-500, then go for Hybrid or Acuity shifters. Haven't really heard bad things about either of them.

*Protip, if you have Amazon prime and a Chase Amazon card, you can find the Acuity shifter on Amazon and get 5% cash back from your $479 purchase!
Thanks. I like my 2019 type R shifter with acuity but only 6th gear is kind of annoying with a more audible clicky sound. I don't know if full shifter eliminates it or it stays the same

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
Country flag
Thanks. I like my 2019 type R shifter with acuity but only 6th gear is kind of annoying with a more audible clicky sound. I don't know if full shifter eliminates it or it stays the same
Full shifter doesn't have any noise due to a different design to hold the shifter cable bushing in place.

Acuity also recommends tying down the bushings on OEM shifter assemblies to reduce the clicking noise. They have a video showing where to drill holes in the plastic for the zip ties. Also, Perrin sells a shifter cable lock to reduce noise, but it's $85(!).

OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Full shifter doesn't have any noise due to a different design to hold the shifter cable bushing in place.

Acuity also recommends tying down the bushings on OEM shifter assemblies to reduce the clicking noise. They have a video showing where to drill holes in the plastic for the zip ties. Also, Perrin sells a shifter cable lock to reduce noise, but it's $85(!).
I saw that. Also acuity uses some o- ring bands to hold cables. Hybrid doesn't use that at all

Bennett_Rx

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I recently upgraded my 2020 Si with the 2020 type R shifter, acuity centering springs and acuity base bushings. It was a great difference for the cost.
As of right now, I was unable to justify buying the full Acuity or Hybrid shifter as my car is still otherwise stock (for now) and only used as a daily driver.
0A9776B6-BE63-4113-97CB-99CF12481B63.jpeg

OP
saiko21

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
I recently upgraded my 2020 Si with the 2020 type R shifter, acuity centering springs and acuity base bushings. It was a great difference for the cost.
As of right now, I was unable to justify buying the full Acuity or Hybrid shifter as my car is still otherwise stock (for now) and only used as a daily driver.
0A9776B6-BE63-4113-97CB-99CF12481B63.jpeg
upgrade rocker arm then you will great difference with the precision of shifter