daniel.yrh

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5t Hatchback
Country flag
finally got my ABS Dynamics spoiler spray painted, and successfully installed today.

1. This is my stock car (comes default with the Modulo roof spoiler... aka Mickey Mouse). I never fancy the hatchback design... looks way too empty.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.49 PM

2. Spoilers painted and ready to be installed.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.50 PM

3. There is a printed template inside the packaging of the spoiler. Pretty easy to get it lined-up. I also printed out Manny's template but it got resized when I printed as A4 (the printed template from ABS Dynamics is more accurate).
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.51 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.51 PM(1)

4. If you lined-up your template correctly and drill on the exact spot, you will notice both drilled holes are right on top of the existing holes.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.52 PM(1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.52 PM

5. This is how it looks with the long bolts installed (will get the rubber washers over the weekend).
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.53 PM

6. This is how it looks like when the whole spoiler gets onto the car.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.54 PM(1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.53 PM(1)

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.54 PM

7. The Modulo roof spoiler looks odd with the new rear spoiler. I might swap it out for the Type-R roof side garnish.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.55 PM

8. The final product.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.55 PM(1)

daniel.yrh

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some pointers:
1. Prepare your own rubber washers and mounting tapes (not supplied by ABS Dynamics).
2. Use the printed template provided by ABS Dynamics (it is inside the box).
3. Use mounting tapes on all connecting parts.
4. The left/right foot were labeled wrongly (Left/Right), but you will sure to know how to mount them correctly.
5. Make a trip to nearby Honda showroom, check their Type-R spoiler design and take some photos of the assembly, the photos will help you greatly when it comes to drilling and installation.
6. The spoiler does add some weight to the hatch. It takes more effort to lift it up yet it slams down hard. Be careful with your fingers.

turtleboy84

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
If anything, it’ll make it more stable (holding the back end down a bit). I actually haven’t driven it around that fast since I got it, but the type R has it for a reason lol
I’m pretty sure the type r wing makes around 60 lbs of downforce at like 130 mph which will be nothing at lower speeds so I think it’s mainly cosmetic

OP
OP

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the type r wing makes around 60 lbs of downforce at like 130 mph which will be nothing at lower speeds so I think it’s mainly cosmetic
thats why i want to find a real type R spoiler. i have hit 130 many times in my car and just think the replicas might not be able to hold up well.

daniel.yrh

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
thats why i want to find a real type R spoiler. i have hit 130 many times in my car and just think the replicas might not be able to hold up well.
I believe it should hold, I clocked 175kmph (109mph) and it was rock solid.
The spoiler is not visible from the rear view mirror but you can see the middle portion of the horizontal piece vibrates if you bend down from the driver seat.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same, I do notice very slight vibration at 60-75mph in the middle once I hit higher speeds it goes away. Hit 105 no problems. Spoiler is also very solid on my install. Comfortable enough with it that I would pull my car out of the garage from the spoiler in neutral.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
Also, the type-r has vortex generators instead of a spoiler. Having the top spoiler probably mess with how air flows into the wing.

typeaarrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
typeaarrr
Country flag
finally got my ABS Dynamics spoiler spray painted, and successfully installed today.

1. This is my stock car (comes default with the Modulo roof spoiler... aka Mickey Mouse). I never fancy the hatchback design... looks way too empty.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.49 PM.jpeg

2. Spoilers painted and ready to be installed.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.50 PM.jpeg

3. There is a printed template inside the packaging of the spoiler. Pretty easy to get it lined-up. I also printed out Manny's template but it got resized when I printed as A4 (the printed template from ABS Dynamics is more accurate).
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.51 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.51 PM(1).jpeg

4. If you lined-up your template correctly and drill on the exact spot, you will notice both drilled holes are right on top of the existing holes.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.52 PM(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.52 PM.jpeg

5. This is how it looks with the long bolts installed (will get the rubber washers over the weekend).
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.53 PM.jpeg

6. This is how it looks like when the whole spoiler gets onto the car.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.54 PM(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.53 PM(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.54 PM.jpeg

7. The Modulo roof spoiler looks odd with the new rear spoiler. I might swap it out for the Type-R roof side garnish.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.55 PM.jpeg

8. The final product.
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 4.09.55 PM(1).jpeg
I would put rubber padding between the hatchback and wing. The vibration from the wing will scratch the crap out of your hatchback and reduce movement.

daniel.yrh

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup I have 3 layers of 3M mounting tapes between the rear panel and the spoiler stand.

I also reinstalled the spoiler with shoulder washers around the screws to prevent any metal-to-metal contact. I had to slit the washers as they are not the same size as the long screws.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing file-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing file1-1
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing file2-1

I would put rubber padding between the hatchback and wing. The vibration from the wing will scratch the crap out of your hatchback and reduce movement.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, the type-r has vortex generators instead of a spoiler. Having the top spoiler probably mess with how air flows into the wing.
I wanted the generators but felt the 3m only on them would not be good as anyone can walk by peel them off for their cars. Oem are drilled in and bolted from what I saw for each piece. I do agree that maybe The air flow is off with the stock spoiler. The angle is aimed to push air under the type r spoiler.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanted the generators but felt the 3m only on them would not be good as anyone can walk by peel them off for their cars. Oem are drilled in and bolted from what I saw for each piece. I do agree that maybe The air flow is off with the stock spoiler. The angle is aimed to push air under the type r spoiler.
on my old prelude i had the edm hood bonnet held on with only 3m tape. never even got loose.

civic model x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
on my old prelude i had the edm hood bonnet held on with only 3m tape. never even got loose.
Agreed, the 3m is good at holding stuff down if your taping a large area. but just seeing the other tiny pieces from abs dynamics for the vortex generators being so small that they might be easily pulled off and stolen. Especially after investing money to paint. The oem ones need more drilling thought I had enough holes in my hatch for now.

Last edited:

daniel.yrh

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the stock type-R rear panel has pre-drilled holes for the vortex generators. the fins are held onto the panel via plastic clips, no bolts required.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing WhatsApp Image 2018-07-02 at 3.43.25 PM

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing maxresdefault

CivicPR0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
How's it going? For those of you that ordered the ABS Dynamics Spoiler, did you order it from their website? I want to make sure to order it from a legit source. Thanks

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's it going? For those of you that ordered the ABS Dynamics Spoiler, did you order it from their website? I want to make sure to order it from a legit source. Thanks
I got it from their website. Had a few “issues” while waiting (they told me it would ship out a certain day and it didn’t, and communication was bit spotty), but they answered all my questions in the end and i’d order from them again.
Sponsored