First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT - Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you guys that have it installed: does the hatch stay open with the extra weight on the liftgate? I know when I installed a Kaminari KTR-II wing on my 2002 coupe, I had to change out the trunk springs (actually converted to gas struts instead of torsion bars) in order to keep the trunk from slamming shut
The weight of the wing is very minimal so the hatch opens and stays open the same with no spoiler
Sponsored

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you guys that have it installed: does the hatch stay open with the extra weight on the liftgate? I know when I installed a Kaminari KTR-II wing on my 2002 coupe, I had to change out the trunk springs (actually converted to gas struts instead of torsion bars) in order to keep the trunk from slamming shut
I haven't had any issues with that. It is noticeably a bit heaver to open obviously, but it's never shut on me.

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

JusJai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my ABS Dynamics spoiler installed too with the OEM vortex generators and fins. No flex or vibration at higher speeds as well so I couldn't be any happier.

20180401_094307.jpg

20180401_094354.jpg

20180402_105231.jpg
LOOKS DOPE! Can i ask you whats the price you paid in total for install and paint?
I have my ABS wing but have not paint or installed yet. Trying to get a general idea of how much it may cost.
Thanks!

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOOKS DOPE! Can i ask you whats the price you paid in total for install and paint?
I have my ABS wing but have not paint or installed yet. Trying to get a general idea of how much it may cost.
Thanks!
I had mine sprayed professionally for $250 and I installed it myself. Installations is fairly easy granted that you use the template that a member on the forums posted and that you're okay with drilling into a new car lol.

givnni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Polished Metal

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I paid $300 to get my ABS Dynamics wing color matched Orchid White Pearl in Hayward CA. As far as the wing goes.... I am not very happy. The vibration / wobble / bounce on the middle piece is pretty ridiculous at highway speeds. Even when adding sponge padding to all the joints and hatch when installing and removing the roof spoiler and installing the vortex generators the vibration is very much noticeable from your rear view.

can I ask where in Hayward did you get yours painted?

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
can I ask where in Hayward did you get yours painted?
Palladium Auto Body on Mission. Ask for Nick he's the owner, does great work. Tell him Almir reffered you.

I'm actually picking up some pieces from there sometime this week.

blue_soho

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring PMM
Anyone in Los Angeles (preferably in the SGV-626) know a good place to get this painted and installed? Also, do you know if you can buy it from ABS directly? I live by their Baldwin Park location.

Zardeth

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2017
I would like to know if anyone who owns the ABSDynamics type R spoiler replica has experienced the same issue as this guy I have been talking to:

"...yes at about 70 miles per hour you will notice the wing move up and down ... as you drive faster it increases to the point that it pulls the fasteners out . there goes the spoiler."

I then proceeded to ask him if he thought he may have made a mistake while attaching the center part to the side parts, and here was his answer:

"The nut inserts come already installed... they failed and the center part flew off".

Anyone had the same issue?

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to know if anyone who owns the ABSDynamics type R spoiler replica has experienced the same issue as this guy I have been talking to:

"...yes at about 70 miles per hour you will notice the wing move up and down ... as you drive faster it increases to the point that it pulls the fasteners out . there goes the spoiler."

I then proceeded to ask him if he thought he may have made a mistake while attaching the center part to the side parts, and here was his answer:

"The nut inserts come already installed... they failed and the center part flew off".

Anyone had the same issue?
Driving at high speeds the wing has a little bit of movement in the center piece which is expected because its made of abs plastic, but for the guy who had his wing fly off while driving i blame the installer for doing a bad job

Isko

First Name
Isko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
IMG_6874 (1).jpg
IMG_6872 (1).jpg

Well, I got mine all installed today! I know ya'll have HBs but I thought I'd show what the Coupe looks like with it on. Install was straightforward but still pretty challenging; I think it turned out well and getting up to 60 the wing seemed pretty stable. Will report back if anything changes.

Can you please post a picture of the entire back view. Where and how much does it cost? Thank you.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag