Type r wing

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my spoiler vibrates only slightly if I look for it, but it doesn't make any noise. And it isn't a matter of speed, if the road is smooth I don't notice any vibrations, but on a bumpy highway, then I can see it vibrate somewhat. I'm not really concerned since it doesn't make any noise
Same here. I don't notice any vibration unless going over bumpy roads, which kinda makes sense.
Sponsored

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems that it possibly comes down to quality of the install? Would make sense.

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I can only see the top of spoiler wobble when I am following a car on the highway, usually above 70mph. I think it is because of the force of airflow coming from the car ahead of you?

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I can only see the top of spoiler wobble when I am following a car on the highway, usually above 70mph. I think it is because of the force of airflow coming from the car ahead of you?
I can't see my new spoiler at all in my rear view mirror which is awesome for visibility but I have heard that's common on the freeway

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I paid $300 to get my ABS Dynamics wing color matched Orchid White Pearl in Hayward CA. As far as the wing goes.... I am not very happy. The vibration / wobble / bounce on the middle piece is pretty ridiculous at highway speeds. Even when adding sponge padding to all the joints and hatch when installing and removing the roof spoiler and installing the vortex generators the vibration is very much noticeable from your rear view.
You must have done the install wrong, i've gone 65 all the way up to speeds i can't speak of and i have yet to see it vibrate or wobble i've had it on for about 2 months not one issue at all.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You must have done the install wrong, i've gone 65 all the way up to speeds i can't speak of and i have yet to see it vibrate or wobble i've had it on for about 2 months not one issue at all.
Did you install your type r wing yourself?

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep with a little help from a tech of mine at work
Nice! Any recommendations for the install? Probably will be putting my own on this next weekend and it seems that patience and due diligence is the key to a good install.

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Nice! Any recommendations for the install? Probably will be putting my own on this next weekend and it seems that patience and due diligence is the key to a good install.
I'm definitely gonna re attempt to do the install again, but I am glad that this problem is not universal so there's hope of fixing it.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The part of the install to pay most attention and time to is lining it up, line up the template and put the wing together and place it on the car make sure it all lines up and you have your holes marked in the right spot. The rest after that is a breeze.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing IMG_6874 (1)
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing IMG_6872 (1)

Well, I got mine all installed today! I know ya'll have HBs but I thought I'd show what the Coupe looks like with it on. Install was straightforward but still pretty challenging; I think it turned out well and getting up to 60 the wing seemed pretty stable. Will report back if anything changes.

Bloodysteak

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT - Aegean Blue Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my ABS Dynamics spoiler installed too with the OEM vortex generators and fins. No flex or vibration at higher speeds as well so I couldn't be any happier.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing 20180401_094307

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing 20180401_094354

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing 20180402_105231

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for you guys that have it installed: does the hatch stay open with the extra weight on the liftgate? I know when I installed a Kaminari KTR-II wing on my 2002 coupe, I had to change out the trunk springs (actually converted to gas struts instead of torsion bars) in order to keep the trunk from slamming shut