TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
I wanna know if the same can be achieved with the Si coupe.
Sponsored

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I don’t like the wing on a stock looking car. It looks out of place but on that white modded one with the lip and wheels I think it looks great cause it fits the whole aftermarket look

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Lotta haters...go buzz to a different thread if you don't like it. You don't have any business here.

20180630_174352.jpg

20180831_122930.jpg
Hey I came across your post but this might be a stupid question but how did you install the support rods?

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I came across your post but this might be a stupid question but how did you install the support rods?
You’ll need to drill a couple more holes into the trunk so that you can attach the anchors for the bottom part of the support rods.

The top part you’ll just use self tapping screws to screw right into the bottom of the spoiler.

At least that’s what I did and I believe OJ replicated my method. I’m actually working on an alternative for support struts that doesn’t require drilling but more on that later.

Aegean303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
You’ll need to drill a couple more holes into the trunk so that you can attach the anchors for the bottom part of the support rods.

The top part you’ll just use self tapping screws to screw right into the bottom of the spoiler.

At least that’s what I did and I believe OJ replicated my method. I’m actually working on an alternative for support struts that doesn’t require drilling but more on that later.
Support struts like the sti ones?
I wish they made some for this spoiler...
I found this picture on amazon, so is this both tapping screws?

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing D9BFF634-41EA-4673-8EBD-0706CAFBE106

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Support struts like the sti ones?
I wish they made some for this spoiler...
I found this picture on amazon, so is this both tapping screws?

D9BFF634-41EA-4673-8EBD-0706CAFBE106.png
I would not install them like that but those rods are what you would use... I installed mine more towards the middle which meant I needed to drill holes into the trunk.

Check this out though (shameless plug): https://www.civicx.com/threads/3d-printed-support-rods-for-type-r-replica-wing-coupe.34571/ This alleviates the need to drill any holes as they would be secured with double sided tape on both sides of the support rod.

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Correct, I also added a little superglue to the screws going into the spoiler.

ZephyrFlash

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct, I also added a little superglue to the screws going into the spoiler.
Nice - I ended up forgoing the support rods and 3D printed my own! I like the look a lot better
Sponsored